Stories

All of a sudden silence arched between the both adults after Jude exposed one of the grimmest secrets behind the darkness of her past as gradually the fragments were scrapping. Timothy's heart sunk at the thought of the little girl, who was hit-and-run victim of a car crash by his love interest, howsoever, fortunately surviving as the sinister consequences were a couple of broken bones only and carrying on with her life until she grew up, subsequently having her own child. 

"I'm so sorry for hearing all this with the little girl. Luckily, she survived and it wasn't your fault for befalling both of you. At least, she's family person with her own baby!" At the moment, he hasn't released his mammoth, secure hand from squeezing hers, in order to grant her double comfort and affection, she has longer from a representative of the opposite sex especially her former lover. "And that's why I doubt you're a bad person or considering yourself not a saint! What makes you even better person is realizing your mistakes. Can you guess what are you else than a good person?" The younger man kept on with his utterance, enquiring rhetorically his rare bird, transfixing his warm chocolate brown orbs on her, meeting her gaze without averting it, offering her a benevolent, alleviating smile, cradling his berry-coloured, dry lips.

"What?" Little did the blonde know what might be his impending word, itching his tongue's tip, in order to spit it out. 

"You're a rare bird, Judy!" Suddenly he broke the ice, replying her as he couldn't suppress the drastic, realistic growth of his smile, sketched upon his still youthful, scarcely wrinkled complexion as his chocolate brown irises glinted sheer glee, sincerity as more vibrant pigments blazed, subsequently illuminating his true nature. 

"I'm," The former nun stuttered, struggling to spell the syllables as they were dying on her tongue, casting a bewildered stare at him as electrifying sensations of his kindhearted words and the squeeze of their hands mingled altogether, throughout casting a spellbinding spell on the both former members of the church. "What?"

"You're a rare bird, Judy Martin!" 

"D-Do ya truly mean all this? I mean, I'm a rare bird, according to yar words?" Sanguine pigment pigmented her cheeks as muggy heat crawled underneath the facial skin. In the meanwhile she pretended she hasn't heard them by glimpsing at the pale, hazy sky as the swarm of tumbling snowflakes tickled her nose tip and facial skin. 

"Yes, you're! You're undeniably special woman, in my opinion! I've never met as special and strong woman as you're actually, besides you're my last hope which I'm obnoxously scared to lose you." Meanwhile, the former holy man took a deep breath as he cleared his throat, whereas his former lover was listening attentively his monologue as she was all ears, wearing a content, optimistic smile, honed up in the corner of her lips. "One of my solemn promises to keep my words true is never abandoning you ever again as I'm always next to you, supporting and respecting every decision of yours even if it's not compatible with mine."

"Promise?" She offered her pinkie, inquiring certainly as she seeked to take a solemn vow without thinking of forsakening her ever again, besides allowing himself being bamboozled whether by her foes or somebody else. 

"Promise!" The British aristocrat exclaimed, hooking his pinkie around hers for a split second, looking up at one another's faces as they were admiring their ethereal, still young-looking, porcelain complexions. 

Once they took a vow, throughout they got from the ground as they dusted their garments and coats from the snow which smeared them as they were commencing building their own snowman, sharing with each other stories about the crucial topic that recently popped up in their mind. The snowman.

"As a child, I adored to go outside and play with my small family even the fewest friends I've ever had on the snow. Not only we were building snowmen, but also we were throwing at each other snowballs and sliding with the sleigh and making snow angels."

"Aww, that's so nostalgic! I bet you did have some loyal friends even if it was just only one."

"They were rather 2 and as soon as I went to school in the first years, therefore they moved with their parents in New Jersey, due to personal reasons."

"Oh!" The younger man cried out, exhaling sharply as his sensitive nostrils flared, inhaling the glacial, fresh scent.

"As I was growing up, my mother didn't have enough spare time for me as I was playing all alone on the snow." In the interval, wry, quiet chuckle quivered her oral caverns. "At least, the good old memories are one of the reasons why I'm not losing any faith in my spirits. My mom used to be a maid in a hotel and that's why she was so occupied, besides taking double shifts and she passed away when I was only 18. While my father left us, when I was just five-year-old."

"I can't agree more about the memories! But I can't see why your father abandoned you and your mother especially when you were so young."

"He just thought we were too good for him and that's one of the solest reasons why he did it. He just did it!"

"I'd like to hear more about you, Judy! I'm curious to discover your another side if you allow me."

"Well, when I was a child, I brought and kept in a shoebox a baby squirrel as he was my sole friend. I named him Raphael. I was the only one, who was taking care of him." At the thought of the baby squirrel as a childhood fragment, suddenly dew moistened her eyelids as tears verged to spring up and well into her pools as her flimsy heart was gradually aching for the deceased animal. "One day, Raphael just looked sick. Perhaps I've forgotten to feed him for days and he was just left to die of starvation accidentally." As her exclaimation progressed, the middle-aged lady's sniffles flashed upon her face. "When I left his corpse on the kitchen table, thus I prayed my heart out for hours and as soon as my mothar got back from work as she was inevitably exhausted, she screamed like bloody murderer and threw the corpse in the garbage. I prayed and I prayed as I was completely sure God didn't answer my prayers. And guess what my mom said afterwards! God always answers our prayers and it's just rarely the answer we're looking for."

In the interim, the former man of the cloth swallowed hard as a solid lump has formed in his throat, wiping with a thumb the rolling crystal tears on her milky as snow cheeks as her sniffles diminished.

"God answers our prayers especially whenever the answer is simple or not as simple as it seems! I can't argue it happens rarely the questions we're seeking along with the answers they aren't answered usually." Meantime, Timothy fixed absently his head which was capping his dark hair, seconds before resuming with building the snowman altogether. "You helped me to recall one of the most painful youth memories either."

"Oh!" The blonde cried out as she was ultimately prepared to listen attentively her love interest's caution.

"When I was a teenager, I brought an untamed bunny at home and me and my siblings used to be home alone most of the time, looking after it. However, 2 weeks after gathering it from the forest, it passed away as this happened on the morning after before school, finding his corpse in the box."

"Oh! The poor thing!" Shortly after the both adults finished with building the snowman in the grand yard, thereafter the older woman approached the former Monsignor as she pecked a tender, feather kiss on his cheek as he returned the kiss with soft as velvet one, planted on her both cheeks. "At least, our babies are in heaven, watching us and smiling at us!"

"Definitely! I can already see their smiles and faces in the clouds as the heaven's barriers." 

"Do ya want to go inside and get back in the yard later on? Probably tonight?"

"Why not?"

To be continued...