Just like Summer

"Mom, do you need help?" Shona enquired her mother who watered with water can the flowers in flower pots.

"No, thank you, honey! You are so kind but thank you anyway." Valerie responded after watering the last pot with flower as she turned to Shona, folding her head with a hand that caressed her soft braided red hair.

The little girl couldn't help as her broad, amorous smile grew, saturating on her face as she felt her mother playing softly with her hair. Then with her other free hand she left the water can on the grass as she fanned her sweaty, heating face as the summer days in Boston weren't bearable at all. They were far from relaxing. They were mostly like tiresome. 

"You are so beautiful, Shona! Do you know that, my girl?" She looked up at her hazel eyes with love and warmness. Her smile grew significantly as she admired her daughter's face. Running her fingers through her scarlet red scalp. 

In the interim, Shona nodded her head as she agreed with her mother. A grin flashed on her ruddy face. Her heart molted after hearing such heartwarming words. 

Valerie leaned down as she pecked a kiss on her warm temple, without taking her eyes off her adorable face. In the meantime, she crouched down as she took the young girl in her arms as she dangled her tiny ones around her mother's back, pulling her in a tight and warm hug. The both females shut their eyes as they relished the maternal, platonic and spectacular moment together. As a mother and a daughter. Their pounding hearts in their chests beat along as they united. 

"Never forget how much I love you my beautiful girl!" Valerie said in velvety voice as she stimulated Shona's self-esteem. "Never!" She kept on. 

Meanwhile they heard a masculine voice, waiting patiently on the fence door as she scratched his head.

"Valerie and Shona!" Frank evoked as he saw the both females who momentarily broke off the hug, a smug smile spread across his lips. 

"Let's go welcome your uncle Frank!" Valerie rose as she offered her hand as Shona took her hand into her petite one, walking up to the fence door as they were beyond excited to behold him again. 

Frank was visiting the single mother with her second grader daughter almost every day as he deliriously likes the amiable females and spending a handful of hours with them. He's going to be murderously busy in the imminent months when the school begins in the early September.

***

"It's always pleasure to speak to you Val, you know?!" Frank stated rhetorically as he sipped his ice tea, consequently leaving it on the coffee table as he seated on the right armchair whilst Valerie sat on the left one, propping her elbow on her stark thighs as she held a cigarette. The young maid was dressed up in black with one shoulder short sleeve top and retro denim shorts. 

"Yeah, I really enjoy your company, Frank!" A guturral chuckle escaped her naturally rosy-coloured lips. Her hazel green eyes met his after she blinked after taking a drag off her cigarette. 

Whilst the both adults were speaking to each other in the living room, Shona was playing outdoors, relishing as she kicked a ball in the yard as she was sufficiently considerate. The sun rays entered through the opened window in the living room as it sun light bathed the room.