Salem 2

Author's note: On the picture, that's how Valerie is supposed to look in the book- possessing similar appearance like Kaylee from Coven though Valerie is prone to wear darker and goth clothes. :)

Later tonight

The moon hanged in the nocturnal sky with the sea of twinkling stars. The sky wasn't lucid at all. Mild, mist clouds sailed, slightly diminishing the clouds and the full moon's opacity. The night, itself, was far from clamorous, troublesome. Salem was peaceful in the evening hours.

Father McKenzie has already finished the dinner union with other priests, nuns and priestesses. Some of them blathered. Others ate in silence, relishing the meal that was served on the large dining table. Briefly, the dinner passed perfectly normal. Without argues. Without heated debates. Without quarrels. Without yelling. Without screams and shouts.

After the dinner, Father McKenzie returned back in his dorm, he prayed and prayed his heart out just like every evening. The night hours passed like an eternity for him. He loved not only Salem, but also his mother Laura and deceased grandmother, the church and God, ensuring him a home where to hide from the binds which he dragged with himself in Boston.

The second week was passing amicably, without encountering old foes.

It was already midnight as he couldn't fall asleep easily. The reason why the insomnia sinisterly tortured the young, ambitious priest was the thought of his mother Laura, who attended the church's yard earlier to venerate her mother's death. His mind was all occupied with the thought of the unpredictable reunion of a mother and a son which seemed to be like centuries have passed since the last time. He has never felt such a genuine bliss, oozing from him like a fountain of the happiness. Alexander was roundly looking forward for the family dinner where he's invited and to unite with his big family as he recalled his older brothers and younger sister even his biological parents. 

He was more than eager to figure out how's their lives nowadays especially during his absence.

As the juvenile man of the cloth didn't have any intentions to crawl into the bed, he sat on the desk as the candlelight illuminated partly his dorm, his silhouette reflected on the wall as if it was shadow of a beast. He determined himself to write a diary of his life, starting from his early years as far as he recalls the events. Father McKenzie rummaged one of the desk's drawers, searching for a pen as he picked it up by finding a blank sheet of paper and began scribbling on it, thinking pensively, considerately what to write down. 

His mind worked violently as the brain cells aided him to dunk in the abysmal, cryptical seas of his memories, whether discovered or obscure ones. 

***

"Father, what are you doing?" Valerie questioned her father, who was currently sitting on the ottoman, reading a magazine as his mammoth, vaguely wrinkled hands were wrapped around the magazine's pages, whilst Shona was drawing a painting with pastels on the desk, buzzing a song of the Beatles she loved.

"Oh, Val!" He sighed dramatically. "Reading cock and bull stories in this magazine!" Maksim replied dryly.

In the meantime, she walked up to him, leaning down to pry what he was reading in this moment. As he flipped a page forward, something grabbed the young housekeeper's hazel green eyes, cooling down as their temperature drastically dropped. An article's header under the name Father McKenzie's fortunate days in the church caused her blood to boil briskly, scorchingly, without halting. A frown crawled on her youthful face as her temple creased, due to the article's name that sounded murderously sarcastic, in fact, little did she know how contrasting was the difference of Alexander's reputation in the both small cities.