Realism and Illusive Dream

"I can't complain, nor to boast about it. It's my first day at work, you know." Frank raised an eyebrow gamely, thereafter unable to suppress a reluctant chuckle. Sipping his warm hot. "But I really can tell how's my job in the forthcoming days." He furthered. 

"Oh! It doesn't matter how they pay you for securiting a school, it matters if you enjoy working it. It comes from the bottom of yar heart, Frank!" Valerie cautioned wisely as she wore a smug grin across her plump, dainty lips. "It depends of you and how do you perceive it!" Meanwhile she winked at him amiably, platonically. Without demonstrating a sheer emotion, or rather feeling, as more than a friend. Whilst the both adults were talking, Shona just stood as she grasped her mother's deft, elegant hand, staring up at the both adults who swop variety of mutual words.

"That's right! I know it. I have an ample experience not only as a cop, but also as a security guard. Perhaps I have a better luck as a security guard rather than as a cop, who has to deal and arrest offenders." The middle aged man proceed with his monologue as he was proud to have such opulent experience as a man, devoted to the nation's welfare by protecting them by offenders and lunatics. It was peculiarly evident how complicated is his life. 

"Well, I am glad for you!" The young lady admitted humbly, content as her thumb kneaded her daughter's velvety knuckels. Her hazel green eyes blinked suddenly. "It's not easy to work as a maid either too." Afterwards the housekeeper didn't help to endure a guturral sniggle, escaping her throat. Frank participated her as the young girl grinned promptly.

"It's visible." He wiped his forehead with a forearm, assimilating what Valerie said. "I knew one acquaintance who used to be a housekeeper. Just like you!"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. She wasn't one of the best people who I have ever known in my life, however, she was just fine acquaintance. She was young, aspiring, vigorous and neat freak." The security guard took another sip of his coffee that commenced to cool down due its oblivion. He wiped his mouth with his larger, lukewarm fist. In the interim, the both females just smiled, didn't peel a word as they nodded idly. "She was one of my wife's friends. They used to be really close friends. Really close!" He emphasized the last sentence as he recited the word really close. "Marina was a diligent maid. She has never underestimated her own tasks as well." 

"Did she like her job?"

"Of course, she did! Although she struggled to keep her position after she spent 15 years as a maid!" Then a sardonic chuckle escaped his slightly moist lips, due to the caffeine stained liquid. 

"Oh! When you have heard last of her at least?"

"It was a long time ago. Urm," He stuttered as he finished in a gulp the rest of his lukewarm coffee beverage in the plain white mug. In the meantime, he paused as he rubbed his head. "...probably before to work as a security guard in Briarcliff with Judy."

"Oh okay!" The Russian-American sighed in a relief. "Well, I haven't always desired to work as a maid whether in a hotel or to clean and dust after people in their households, nevertheless..." She lingered to carry on as she inhaled serenely. "...the fate granted me to work as a maid after being a single mother, who hasn't finished her university education." She shrugged unintentionally as she emitted a raspy cackle. "Frank, Frank, my fella! It's such a responsibility to work as a housekeeper and clean all this shit after these people!" 

"It's not as difficult as to spy on criminals and dubious people in the society, you know." 

"Absolutely!"

"I am so sorry for the deviation but how is Shona? Isn't she excited for the pending school year?"

"She is! But she's a little bit anxious." Valerie admitted as Frank's dazzling azure blue eyes staring down at the young girl with the braided red-hair, offering her an innocent, amicable smile.