Hiking Outdoors

2 weeks later...

14th of November, 1965

2 Sundays passed as quickly as a flash. Ellie and Tristan got bigger for the past 2 weeks. They continued to be nursed by their mother as well.

As the lukewarm weekend day in the middle of November was passing smoothly, the sun rays didn't stop to illuminate below everything, despite the windy weather. The trees were already bare like snails as the colorful leaves blanketed every inch of the ground. The violent wind was blowing through the citizens of Boston's countryside.

During lunch time after Jude had nursed for second time her little angels for today, as the partners ate chicken soup. The middle aged woman abided silent during the entire lunch, without peeling a single word. Initially Timothy thought she was probably not in mood to speak or there's something too personal for sharing, howsoever, he cannot leave his wife like that. She hardly spoke to him, during lunch, because almost 2 months after she laboured her baby twins, her extra pounds, extra flesh was still clinged to her body, which was an essential problem, in her opinion. She wanted to lose some weight as she was slender back in her nunnery and before that but not overdoing it. Her husband knew right away that there's something suspiciously wrong since her hush is evident.

"Anything wrong, rare bird?" He enquired concerned as his eyes were fixed on her pale, still splendid face.

"N-No!" She replied bitterly, aloofly as she kept on to eat her hot chicken soup. She can already envisage how he would react when she tells him about this petty common problem amongst women and girls.

The silence built its intensity by itself as it didn't last longer. It vanished within a couple of seconds later. Then Timothy broke off the ice as he sighed in a relief, dissatisfied for noticing his wife's nervousness as he was convinced that something was bothering, gnawing her inside.

"Jude...tell me, please." He begged her to spit it out as she could settle free her shoulders from the ounce. He took her hand into his, his thumb massaging the back of her hand.

"Well..." Exhaling and inhaling in the same time as she placed her another hand on his. sensing the warm, pleasant sensation. "I haven't lost the weight that I gained after my pregnancy. That's the problem!"

He peeped at her still magnificent body for her almost 46, arching an eyebrow as he perceived her as perfect yet even if she wasn't a top model. Then he returned his gaze as they developed more tenseful eye contact. He smiled softly, abiding composed as always.

"I don't see any kind of a problem, dear! You still look perfect into my eyes either if you are super skinny or chubby." Mr.Howard cupped her cheek with his sole available hand, his thumb wiping her dropping crystal tears.