After Trick or Treat

After the couple came back at home with Tristan and Ellie from trick or treating, the both in love birds kicked off their shoes as Jude sighed fatigued when she saw the enormous mess in the living room, having on her mind the troubling thought of spending a certain period of time to clean after the guests. The cleaning activity wasn't her cup of tea, of course. As it wasn't Timothy's either too! But they really had to do, in spite of Mr.Howard's dim intoxicated condition. The baby twins were already asleep into their badger baskets with tiny cotton blankets, blanketing their little, immobile bodies from their shoulders and below as their small hearts beated in their chests. They wore a little smile across their shining faces. 

As Jude's absent-minded eyes were goggled into her and Timothy's little precious angels, who slept peacefully like they were in the paradise, she could hear how her husband yelled her name as her distracted mind shone, noting him how he stood from the inner part of the living room, propping his elbow on the wooden doorway, watching his wife with a broad, radiant smile, deliriously delighted to see her blissful and to be with Ellie and Tristan. Meantime she looked up straight at his beatific eyes.

"Anything wrong, honey?" She enquired.

"Well, I think it is better idea you to take care of the twins, take a fresh shower and have some rest, while I am going to take care of this mess. Okay? - He moved his only available arm as his hand reached for her shoulder, placing it as their gazes locked. He really prefered his wife to take a break after the party, despite she is going to be home alone with Tristan and Ellie. All he wanted is she to be happy, safe and healthy. Additionally her partner's speech sounded slightly like lisping.

"Okay, thank you!" Then she gaped suspiciously at him as he can tell. "Are you actually drunk?"

"What?" Initially he inquired perplexed as he raised an eyebrow, thereafter he reminded himself inwardly what she truly meant, stepping on the earth. "Perhaps a little." He said with assertive voice due to his condition with a grin.

"I can see that. Do you need some water or probably tea?"

"No, thank you. Everything is going to be fine."

Then she sighed in a relief, going upstairs as she changed each twins' diapers after stripping their Halloween costumes, changing them in another clothes. Afterward she nursed them, going in their parents' bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed as she swinged each of them in her both arms, singing them lullaby.

How I wonder what you are!

Up above the world so high

Like a diamond in the sky

How I wonder what you are.