Slumber Ordeal 2

The next day

1st of November, 1964

Once the head of Briarcliff, Sister Jude, woke up, she felt somewhat much better than the night before, in fact, the downhearting, razor-edged words which she heard from Jed, the possessed young man, inflicted her mostly the night before unlike today when she was on another wave. In truth, the words which the devil once resided the boy's body addressed her after exposing her grim past, weren't as sorely painful as the last night when she heard them. The worst of all was when Timothy and Dr.Velika Azarova stormed off in the ward immediately when Jude commenced attacking the adolescent and Jed was scoffing even the monsignor inside the vicious circle, telling him to protect his whore and declaring to him what she was doing in the night and thinking of him when she touched herself. 

Although everything, the inner ruckus that fished Jed's words in the mist, somber lake, she wasn't at peace with herself even during the entire day after the exorcism and the misfortunate death of the possessed young man. 

This morning, Jude canned Kit and Grace after the happened the last night when they attempted to escape though their failure. Afterwards, she had the chance to see occassionally Timothy as he has already recovered. However, he brought her the newspaper from 15 years prior, reminding her of her peccant guilt she has unintentionally committed before her nunnery. Not only his demeanor was far from the usual, moreover he was eccentric and didn't behave like the holy man who she ideally remembered. It wasn't all the same again. Initially, Jude noted something leery behind the member of the clergy. His voice undertone was brightly contrasting to the prior one. The days when he was the normal himself before the exorcism, Timothy was perfectly normal. His voice was velvety, molting her heart like a chocolate. Lack of disdain, sorrow, loathing. Nevertheless, his current tone predominated rancorness, authority, ruthlessness and dryness. Unseen by Jude.

When the night hours approached as the middle-aged nun and the staff were aware of the storm which will mortify the patients, distressing them. 

What eventually Jude did was actually reborning to her old habits, repeating the hazard again which led her to a car accident one night, due to her booziness. She gulped in a single sip the communion wine, left in the glass bottle. Then she introduced the movie as she slurred her own words which made an impression not only to Frank, who was responsible for playing the movie pictures, further, some patients noted the former promiscuous nightclub singer's strange behaviour. 

After the movie's presentation, Jude returned back in her office as she was watching out the madhouse's monumental yard as the paradise was weeping. Rain gushing down frequently. Lighting bolts jolting down as the storm brewed, gleaming the old facade. She inhaled leisurely, wearing a smooth, idle smile, crawled on her face. Her vision was fuzzy, due to the consumed alcohol. 

Not only her blood was infected with the alcohol beverage, moreover her body was betraying her and couldn't handle her consciousness anymore as she verged to collapse somewhere and just to fall asleep like a corpse. 

Jude found watching the tumbling down rain for soothing activity even if she was doing nothing else than her eyes lingered on the nocturnal sccenery outside. It could be a tarrying to take her eyes off the scenery and the rain but it was better than to do anything else which exhausted her and drained her energy.

She was swaying her hips idly, humming melodically, inwardly to herself as fortunately the hallway was numb, factly, no patients'  hysterical wails and cries can be heard through the walls. They assembled to watch the movie pictures in the common room as they are strictly guarded by Frank and Sister Mary Eunice. 

Suddenly the middle-aged nun's body was betraying her as she couldn't stay awake any longer once the imbibed alcohol flooded her body and affected her muscles, weakening them. 

She turned to the en-suite bedroom's direction, yawning whilst dallying up to the door as her inebriated gait inked perfectly in what condition she was. She was panting, hoping to reach the bed as soon as possible, flumping on it to take a rest until the alcohol in her blood cleanses and her condition improves. 

She hoped either Mary Eunice or the Monsignor don't catch her in such critical condition especially intoxicated just like now. Once she stepped up in her en-suite bedroom, the blonde toddled, almost incapable to keep her balance anymore and seconds later she laid back on her small, frugal bed, closing promptly her eyelids.

A half an hour later, a door tap didn't wake up the slumbering sister as a tall, masculine figure in clerical attires stood outside, his fists rapping on the hardwood door, educing her name a few times:

"Sister! Sister? Sister Jude?" 

It was actually Timothy as he wanted to check on the sister, besides her suspicious absence in the common room caused bind where some of the patients were missing, whilst a handful of ones were going insane. Briefly, the common room sunk in ruckus. 

As his mammoth hand was met with the doorknob, twisting it as he let himself to enter in her office, closing the door behind. 

Jude stirred up as she heard shoes' clicking her office's floor, rubbing her eyes with fists, whilst Timothy snuck up in her office, peeping at the en-suite bedroom's direction, checking from far away if somebody was there. Then he tiptoed to the armoire where she kept her canes with which she punished the rebellious inmates. Once he opened it silently as the armoire's door creaked, Jude realized she wasn't alone, whispering in the darkness:

"Who's there?"

Her whisper sounded like velvety, nevertheless like a sound in the void. 

When Timothy picked up a cane which will lastly be more painful once it smacks anyone's flesh, he strolled up to the en-suite bedroom, holding the cane in one of his hands, his calluous, insensitive chocolate eyes which used to be once warm, radiant and indisputably benign changed drastically its overtones in no time. 

To be continued...