In The Middle Of The Night

When Jude woke up before dawn, around 3 o'clock in the morning, she hardly could believe herself what she had just dreamed. What the ironic was actually the fact that she had rather a morbid nightmare than a sweet dream like some nights.

The blonde had a trouble her slumbering, of course! Once she opened her eyes as she rubebd them, hopefully, Jude realized that Timothy had fallen asleep abysmally, scarcely blinking as his snore fulfilled the composed, nocturnal ambience of the hush. The curtains were closed enough, hardly exposing any light, unfortunately.

What Jude did after she wake up was to wriggle, in fact to not wake up her partner who slept exactly next to her. Further, she didn't want to disturb him as the former nun prefered his better sleep rather than a haoctic one.

Once she got up from the bed, she hopped up in her snug slippers as she sneaked stealthily, without rendering any noise, leaving the bedroom as soundless as she could be, despite her misgivings of being caught to be awake in 3 o'clock in the morning.

She felt more than twice extortionate kicks inside her bump. Initially, she thought her pressumed future daughter is kicking her but in consequence, the kicks weren't caused by sole baby. There was more than one baby in her pregnant belly though her lack of awareness yet.

The first time when she sensed the kick after waking up, was actually when was in the bed as she widened her eyes abruptly, restraining herself from causing trouble. The second one was when she established in the corridor in the darkness.

By the way, she attempted to soothe her baby as she rubbed her belly gently, looking down at the shadowy, barely perceptible for her hazel eyes, currently radiating overwhelmed angst.

"Don't worry, sweetheart! Mama just had a nightmare. We are strong, we will handle!", Jude whispered as she descended slowly the stairs, caressing with her sole available hand her belly as she held wooden stairs railing,  consequently heading directly to the kitchen, as a result of her insomnia that anguished her bigger, howsoever, flimsy and incontestable sensitive body, besides the paranoid traces of her nightmare had already dwelled in her mind and her worries for carrying one more valuable life in her bump.

From one side, she is in tremendous awe due to the fact that she might have two babies in the same time, instead of only one. While on other hand, she was quite insecure of herself, plentiful questions and concerns swam in her mind as it made the blonde wonder what kind of a mother she is going to be towards the kids, how are they going to look, how she is going to work morning term as a waitress when she has on her back an occupied husband and babies in the same time and so forth.

She knew right away what a tough challenge is to be a mother with bonus responsibilities, changing her worldview and the way she perceives that encircles the perplexed, inexperienced in motherhood woman.

As Jude was in the dark kitchen, she grabbed an empty glass, filling with some fresh, lukewarm water, in case to purify her negative thoughts, as a result of her sleepless night. She thanked herself for not waking up Timothy or otherwise he would be wholly solicitious about her, her condition and the way she behaves. As she held the glass of water in her hand, whilst kneading her bump, opening curtains, watching the nocturnal view of their ravishing, majestic garden with its already effloresced flowers in their villa's gardens, the moonlight illuminating some of those magnificent, eye-catching flowers. 

She smiled a little, comforting herself as she was accompanied by her unborn baby and herself along.

All of a sudden, Timothy woke up spontaneously, sensing how his arms didn't cuddle his wife's body which rather worried him, questioning himself where's Jude gone now as he jumped out of the bed as he hopped up in his slippers, walking downstairs as he wore his mere white tank top, followed by his denim blue pajama trousers. Meantime he shouted his wife's name as he searched for her "Judy? Rare bird, are you...?", he paused when he arrived in the kitchen, recognizing the shorter figure's silhouette that holds a glass of water.