A Week later It's planned the Wedding Cake

A week later...

7th of January, 1965

Jude's POV

A week has already passed since the beginning of 1965. There was only a month until one of the most prominent events in mine and Timothy's life and that is namely the wedding. I have never been married and that is going to be my first and last wedding in my life. To share a marriage with the man who I love, have forgiven, giving a second chance, had and have fallen madly in love with and wear the proposal ring including the wedding one with pride. I am still paranoid when it's joint a word about the upcoming wedding in February, besides being impatient and excited in the same time. It is going to be a fascinating when my last name is transfered from Martin to Howard. Being proudly called Mrs.Jude Howard instead of Miss Jude Martin.

Anyway this week me and Tim determined ourselves to come up with some plans for the wedding for example to choose wisely who we are going to be the guests, how it is going to be celebrated and what cake we will choose for us and our guests. It was such a tough and irresolute decision, draining a lot of energy, time and thoughts. But that is our wedding! It is going to be something extraordinary since I am going to spend the rest of my life married to Timothy, the man who allured me with its charm, intelligence; powerful and pretty impressive character though he is a benevolent and tremendously religious like me.

It was near the end of this week. An usual Thursday, a several hours before I go to a second term working time to work until almost midnight. It was around the early afternoon. As usually, we were at home during this part of the day. This time, I was wearing my white nightgown that I wore under my nun habit and as an overgarment of my thin red slip, my bare feet be protected via slippers which were on my feet. Whilst Tim had on himself a sage green peignoir, followed by slippers and underwear, of course.

We were in our bedroom, lying on our backs in the center of the king-sized bed, next to each other like siamese twins though we aren't actually. What a sarcasm! We were gaping at the ceiling, wearing serene smiles. 

-Honey, do you realise how impatient am I to the wedding? - I exclaimed with a sigh of relief.

-Yes. Don't you realize the same thing for me? - Timothy enquired in serene way.

-I do.*taking a look at him with a slight but cute giggle* It is obvious that, isn't it Tim?-I mocked him.

-*cackling along* It is, Judy ! But do you think we should watch for wedding cakes, don't you?

-Of course!*abiding silent for a while, the room sinking in a tense and numb hue* From where we are going to watch for wedding cakes?

-I have a special magazine about it. I bought it a few days ago. I am going to bring it here so that to arrange the things together. I am going to find it. And I will be right back in the next few minutes,okay?- He stated with tranquil voice by stroking gently my cheek, thereafter kissing each other a little before he to get up from the bed, searching for the prominent magazine.