A Friend in Need 1

11th of October, 1968

During Velika's funeral as she was being encircled by Valerie, Shona, Jude and Timothy with their lovely children, who were enforced everyone of them to wear dark, grim clothes to the prominent, mourning event, tear stained, miserable faces lowered as their eyes fixed on the mere wooden casket that was being burried by one of the grave-diggers. Held firmly the shovel in his both large, monstrously strong hands as he scooped in his shovel the dirt, forming an underground hole that could fit the coffin.

The cold, rainy days of October were passing smoothily like a falling leaf. The crystal drops of the rain poured reluctantly down as it moistened everything below.

Valerie and Shona couldn't stop to sob since the beginning of the funeral as Shona burried her face in her mother's belly as she dangled her secure arms around her daughter's back, dragging her closer to her to comfort her.

Timothy and Jude were hugging into another one's arms as Ellie and Tristan were beside them as Agnes Jude was in her mother's arms, being secured in possibly the best way. Jude's face was burried in the crook of Timothy's neck as she sobbed inwardly, refraining to cry as her moisten, puffy hazel eyes looked down at the fresh dew, bathing the grass.

Timothy's hands were rubbing his wife's back as his fingers caressed every inch of the long black coat that she wore. Further, the former priest informed his boss about one of his friends' funeral, in fact he would arrive at the kindergarden a bit later.

After Jude finished with nursing Ellie, Tristan even Agnes, she left her work place as she prefered to stay at home with the children, supervising them, playing with them, cooking and baking with them and so forth. Nevertheless, Ramona, Charlotte and even Jonathan himself visited Jude from time to time, whenever they can afford to pay a visit to her and her husband's residence. The former nun's years after leaving Briarcliff with her husband even the church, were the brightest, the happiest, by all means. After every passed hazard impediments before and after her downfall in the madhouse, her life's fate played its cards right, walking through the vivid, abstract path to the happiness and salvation. In a much different world, where she would truly belong after decades of misery and false hopes.

"She was really a splendid person. I have always loved her since the beginning until her last breath." The young maid murmured as she gaped at the coffin with welling in eyes, her tears tumbling down her fresh, youthful face as her heart was enveloped in severe grimness. "She was truly everything to me. I loved her more than my own life. She was the woman who I loved." She admitted candidly as her eyes kept staring at her heeled shoes with straps as her legs were layered in thin black pantyhose, protecting her frail skeleton legs from the fall's coldness.

"I hope she's on better place. With God and her husband." Timothy and Jude said in unison.

***

As Timothy was gone at work, Jude was home alone with the children as she watched with Ellie, Tristan and Agnes through the mist window's glass the autumn view with cascading rain as it resembled the paradise weeped, mourning over one more soul being taken in the heavens, being secured and encompassed by sea of angels.

Ellie and Tristan sat on the armchairs as Agnes was in Judy's protective, loving arms, absorbing warmness that ensured them even more maternal, mutual love.