Remorseless

2 days later
29th of October, 1969

"Valerie, it's unbelievable this masterpiece." Her father Maksim squealed joyfully as he, his daughter and Shona seated somewhere in the dining room, eating a slice fo vanilla cake with peanut butter cream. Thereafter he jabbed with the silverware fork the sliced part, putting it in his mouth, relishing the sweetness's taste. His light eyes fixed down on his plate.

"I should make this cake one day when we get back at home." She said plainly, hence, munching, humming velvety. "Mmmm!" Her heart was molting as a chocolate bar in savoring something sweet as she loved sweets though she rarely afforded, due to the fact they were peculiarly addictive, gaining weight and acne emerged on her face. "You are absolutely right, father."

"I love this so much." Shona praised afterwards leaving the fork in her plate as she clapped jubilantly with her hands, gesturing she is finished as she has emptied it just moments ago. "Probably there will be more tonight."

"Shona, you can have even now with the entire paradise. It's only up to you." Maksim responded in return with a shining, affectionate smile, blooming on his face.

"Father?" The maid snapped.

"What is it, honey?" He inquired. "Did I do anything wrong?" He shrugged bashfully.

"Don't be ridiculous! She will wait up to tonight for one mroe piece of cake. I don't want her to be spoiled way too much and be obese at age 10." She retorted, arching an eyebrow, whereas the young girl played with her fork, annoyingly ticking the plate.

"She's just a child, Val. Embrace the fact the children adore sweets." He shifted his stare up at the young woman's hazel green eyes, radiating her slight exasperation and adrenaline, flowing out of her. An infectious smile distorted across her lips. "You used to be like that even your gluttony couldn't rescue you from craving sweets."

"I know, I know!" Her answer was as sharp as a razor, unraveling each bone and flesh as the thick, somber blood fluid baptized the razor's silver edge. "I care about her health and she ate not only a slice of cake, moreover ice-cream and a Salem waffle weren't exceptional."

"Oh, yeah. I remember. I am so sorry. I am not that young man who I used to be anymore, my daughter!" He apologized, tilting his head, sticking out with a fork the piece as he put it directly in his mouth, cheaing it.

"It is alright since you are adequately thinking!" In the meantime, Valerie's hand reached for Maksim's, cupping his knuckles as she offered him an amiable, loving smile. "At least!" She emphasized additionally,patting lightly his surprisingly creamy knuckles.

"Yeah especially for a man in his late 50s." He couldn't oppress the punchline that rendered him to laugh as his raspy, guttural chuckle escaped his lips. "However, let's be straight. On Halloween, Shona will eat tons of sweets which you are going to collect from trick or treat together." Meanwhile, the housekeeper sighed as she shifted her stare to the young girl, offering her a smile as their hazel orbs linked together in a long-lasting eyeing.

"What's it, mom?" The infant asked, leaving the fork in her plate, rubbing her sweaty palms on her skirt.

"Do you remember when we are going to trick or treat along?"

"Of course, I do." Shimmering smiles loomed on their fresh-faced complexions. "After 2 days!"

"That's my girl." Valerie rapped faintly her shoulder, raspy chuckle vamoosed her lips. "Under one condition only." She maneuvered with an index finger, looking straight up at her glimmering hazel eyes. "Don't eat all candies on Halloween night, okay?"

"Mhm." Shona nodded, buzzing agreeably, consequently pursing her lips. 

***

The serene afternoon hours dawned in Boston as Timothy was beyond busy with raking the leaves in the Howards mansion yard, inhaling the fresh, clean countryside's air as the fresh air bathed his nostrils with its cleanness. The mailman was overlooked by Timothy as it was oblivious to him, whilst Jude noted the trivial detail as the postman passed approximately their mansion a couple of minutes ago. She supervised this from the kitchen's window after watering some flower pots, motionlessly sitting on the countertop.