Summer heats

The next morning

16th of July, 1969

When Howards woke up in the early hours of the morning as usually, the twins played in the yard around the lakefront house as Agnes Jude was playing with her yoyo in the yard as they were under their mother's supervision, in case not only if either of the infants gets hurts, but also she relished the moments when their screams and laughters floated in the background and jingled in her ears like sweet tunes. Jude reclined on the outdoor lounge red tartan patterned chair as she took a drag off her cigarette as the cigarette pack sat on the round outdoor table. In the itnerim, Timothy was disassembling the new television they bought no longer than a week ago as it was the last time they visited the cottage and renewed anything of it.

Furthermore, Jude's hair was tied in a lazy bun as a handful of untamed strands of hair were tucked behind her ear, wearing a straw summer brim hat that protected her from the searing sun as her hazel eyes were darted to the twins and Agnes Jude. She wore jean overalls with a white tank top as her beauteous arms were exposed on sun, endangered to sunburn. She adored the lakefront vibes and the concept of spending a few days in her first home- her cottage.

Whilst Ellie and Tristan were running after one another in the yard, unfortunately, Agnes's yoyo hit unintentionally Ellie's face as she kneeled on the grass, clamping her face in her both hands as she commenced to cry as Jude was aware the things were out of the depth, leaving the cigarette in the ashtray as she got from the outdoor summer chair, sped up upto the howling eldest twin as Agnes and Tristan walked up to her as the younger siblings wanted to make sure if the brunette was alright.

"Sissy, are you alright?" Agnes went to check her older sister as her wee heart pounded solidly in her chest as she felt guilty for overlooking who was nigh her earlier.

"Yes." Ellie said as her howl and blubber were almost uncontrollable, floating like a thick radio wave through the transparent nature walls.

"I am so sorry for this, Ellie. I didn't want to."

"It's okay." Ellie forgave her youngest sibling.

In the meantime, Jude crouched down to Ellie as she questioned her condition and threw her arms around her petite body, pulling to her as their bodies absorbed warmness.

"Are you alright, my love?"

"Yes, Mommy. I am fine. But it hurts."

Timothy heard Ellie's howling which rang cautionary tunes in his ears as he abandoned the television for a while as he hasted through the front door, running to his daughter.

"Shu, shu, Ellie! It's alright. Your young sister wasn't careful enough." The little girl's head rested on her mother's boson as her sobs diminished. Her elegant hand rubbed her back as it moved up to her head, kneading it gently.

"Is everything alright, sweetie?" Timothy crouched down as he surveyed the oldest child's face as he cupped her face in his mammoth hands, noting her lovely hazel eyes puffy and almost dry. His heart raced as his heart was in his mouth for his daughter if she was seriously hurted. He wiped with a thumb the last tears that gushed down her smooth, slightly tanned cheeks.