New Year 1 + Surprise for Mother Claudia

The next morning...

1st of January, 1965

Jude's POV

At last it was the very first day of 1965. In the morning, me and Tim wished to each other "Happy New Year!", followed by wishes what we are definitely wishing to each other to happen as pleasant things this year.

Anyway I had on myself a pair of jeans with wine purple blouse from thicker material and slippers on my bare feet. Whilst Timothy wore a scarlet red sweater with dark gray slacks and slippers. We spent the morning not only cuddling and kissing in the bed, besides going to church by praying, having a breakfast. Moreover, we played cards for a half an hour in the living room. It was rather entertaining. I really like to play cards game, admitting it frankly. I have been a fan of those type of games since my early teen years that is around at age 13-14. 

I remember exquisitely well when I was a high school junior student, my last year as a student who studies in a primary school, playing with my 2 of my most sympathetic classmates. They were girls named Gabriella and Susan Love. They were my only friends back in primary school and in my childhood and early teenage years. Thanks to them, not only I know how to play cards game, besides I am obsessed with this kind of games. According to my crystal memory, in the weekends, 3 of us spent 3 hours daily to play cards either in Susan Love's house or somewhere outdoors. We have known each other for a long period of time- it's exactly since we ovesteped the threshold of school back in 1st grade when we were such adorable and frisky 6 years old little girls. Unfortunately, when we began our high school education, they moved in another states to live due to sophisticated reasons- Susan Love moved in New York due to her wealthy family who are owners of the most popular and successful theater in Boston; whilst Gabrielle moved in Connecticut with her family because her grandparents were ill and she and her family were forced to take care of the elders until they passed away a little after she turned 15 years old. God bless them and may they rest in peace peacefully! Although Susan's family fortune, she wasn't these type of people and kids who were inflated and neglecting those who were rather living and growing in more frugal family even if one of the parents is either a widow or just single mother/father.  

As I was in my middle teens in high school, nobody wasn't my friend. Most of them were definitely my rivals due to their demeanor towards me. They were judging me because I was a modest girl, living in a small house with a single mother who used to work as a maid in a hotel, without any siblings of my side. Further, they were bullying me for being shy and a bitch towards them without a reason and for ignoring their insults to me. Their compliments were rather hypocritical and quite ironic every time whenever they do compliment me, followed by my ejection, without responding to their insults unless if they are extremely brutal by stating rumours behind my back and clashing them with the ideal words which are bitter and painful to being heard from a young lady that I were back then. What the life taught me since a little girl when my father left me at age 5 that the world with its human beings are so cruel and flawless liars, hiding their hypocrisy, manipulation and lies behind a mask, demonstrating their not true selves. Me and my mother had already perceived me as a big girl who has to collide with many impediments in this unfair life. Additionally, I was much more mature mentally than my own peers. I am grateful that this sore experience granted me a lot of wisdom, power, stability and staying strong against the general fears. 

Back to the main moment, this afternoon we spent it as we were watching some television, lying next to each other's bodies on the goth sofa, relaxing, although it is a New Year. I was feeling extra even not struggling with my appetite and primary needs yet. We were cuddling, sensing the warmth and delighting feeling of being loved, safe, pleasured and so on. Especially as a loved woman who has a man next to her who does the best so that to deliver her happiness. This day was particularly relaxing and idle in the same time. As an addition, we received a handful phone calls from Mother Claudia, Kit, Grace including my both colleagues Charlotte, Ramona and the cherry of the cake my boss Jonathan, of course! We wished to each other "Happy New Year!", followed by wishes which were certainly warm, gracious and promising. 

Afterwards we decided to bake a big amount of gingerbread cookies just for us and our friends including my boss, Mother Superior and colleagues which are going to be eaten in the upcoming days even a week. Essentially our New Year's day was wasted by spending the rest of our leisure time by cuddling, collaborating along in doing some things and not going out very much with exception of the church. 

We went by ourselves to deliver a couple of gingerbread cookies for Grace, Kit and their both precious children by spending around 15-30 minutes, thereafter going to Briarcliff the snake pit in case to deliver a handful quantity of cookies to Mother Claudia as a sign of our friendly and loyal terms. 

As we put on ourselves somewhat different clothes such as for me a thick black pantyhose, followed by a casual wool black and white dress with long sleeves, V neckline, my ordinary black knee length boots, my unique and priceless sapphire-ruby bracelet with black leather gloves, black puffy hat and black coat. Whilst Timothy had on himself the same clothing which he wore in home by putting on the regular winter equip such as a coat, gloves, hat and gloves. I was carrying a plastic box with gingerbreads cookies for the older nun.

Once we entered inside the institution, we told to one of the guards that we would like to see Mother Claudia by guiding us if she is either busy or available at this moment, thereafter going upstairs as we headed directly to her office, located on the final floor. While we were inside this snake pit, I was hoping to not see this jerk Dr.Arden. I am hoping he to not recognize me either too. Or even to acknowledge the fact that the former Monsignor is in my company by recognizing him visually. 

When we established ourselves on the floor where is located the Mother Superior's office, we walked normally beyond the hall until reaching her office's door, knocking, awaiting for answer until she shrieked with "Yes?!", entering in her office.

To be continued...