Halloween 1969

The next morning
30th of October, 1969

The pale wee lights of the early morning in Salem settled as they brought with itself cloudy sky, concealing the sun with crowding solid, sombre clouds.

The last, howsoever, crispy, multi-colored autumn leaves were tumbling down from the grandiose trees with its crowns, coating the ground with path of leaves. A mild gusty wind blowing and blowing.

Lastly Valerie and Sally were set free from the jail bars as they have already spent the entire night doubtlessly. They were deliberated and have dressed up themselves in the garments with which they were brought in the police station.

Sally got back in Boston, whereas Valerie aimed to the hotel, keeping her wits about her father and daughter's unhealthily anger and frustration which she might earn from her father mostly. She realized how heartbroken she was when the young woman thinks of her family even if her absence is more sickly murder and predominating in the reserved hotel room where are her father and daughter.

As the maid entered in the hotel facade and took an elevator for the sixth floor, she waited patiently inside the empty elevator, contemplating the door and thrumming to herself. Once the elevator stopped on the sixth floor, she left it and tiptoed until her hazel eyes peaker on room 606.

As soon as Valerie reached the room, she stepped in front of the door as her small, creamy hand met the lukewarm handle, consequently, pressing it aa the door slightly yielded to creak, peeping through the ajar through pursed lips. The young woman scrutinized quickly, cunningly the hotel room, noting Shona and Maksim are still slumbering in unconscious condition.

In the meantime, Valerie sighed inwardly, having opulent of questions, flooding her mind within seconds:

How they are supposed to leave their hotel room unlocked? If thieves or somebody enters just like they are feeling home, what they can do about it? If they wake up and notice me, how they might react?

Without hesitancy, the young lady stepped in the booked hotel room, closing the door in cautious way as she tiptoed, evading to render any sound with her stilettos, fixing her eyes whether on Maksim or Shona, taking off her coat as she hanged it on the coat hanger and sat on the ottoman, kicking off her stilettos. The housekeeper tried her best to be as quiet as the grave.

Shortly afterwards, a catnap hit her as she closed her eyelids, flattering in the slumbering condition.

***

The next day
31st of October, 1969

The day after dawned at last.

Valerie explained to her father even her daughter over her longer disappearance a few nights ago, due to the fact she spotted occasionally Father McKenzie and clugged him to a tree as Sally joined her. They imperiled him, besides a handful of slaps were smacked across his face and eventually they released him. Initially, Maksim thought about it, nevertheless, he abstained from overreacting, due to the fact he couldn't stand the juvenile priest and thinks he earned what he genuinely deserved. Furthermore, he was ridiculously astounded by the fact that the both women were imprisoned for less than 24 hours.

Flashback

Yesterday