A Friend in Need 2

"Where are Mama and Dadda?" Ellie squealed despairingly in her crib as Valerie picked up the three year old girl into her arms without hesitation to soothe her desperation over her parents' absence tonight.

In the interim, Tristan didn't cry like his slightly older sister as he looked up at his aunt who carried the baby though he craved for attention and love. Agnes couldn't sleep as she struggled falling asleep as she burst out crying just like her older sister, yearning for affection, attention and comfort. It wasn't an easy task for the young mother of one daughter to supervise three children in the same time, on the same place.

Valerie's daughter, Shona was already asleep as she should get up early tomorrow and go to school. It was tough for the red-haired maid to leave her daughter on her own in their one story house though she get used to do it when the circumstances were serious, worrisome.

Valerie didn't have many opportunities as she rocked, bouncing up Ellie, thereafter one after one child until they stopped being so capricious and rowdy. She soothed them with rocking up their wee bodies in her protective, maternal arms, planting kisses on their foreheads and cheeks, they couldn't express more their gratitude just with words. They giggled sweetly, cheerfully as she asked them if they were feeling better as they told her they were actually.

"Sweethearts, your parents aren't here as they told me to look after you." She fondled every child's head tenderly as she runned her elegant, thin fingers through their still growing hairs as Ellie had upper back length curly chestnut hair that resemble the mini Timothy and Jude, inhibiting so much from her both gorgeous parents.

"They won't delay for so long. Do you want me to read you something for bedtime?" She asked as she placed them eventually in their bassinets as Ellie and Tristan were almost old to have a single bed for each twin as they were already three years old.

"Yaaa, nana." They all replied in unison as Tristan rubbed with his tiny fists his eyes as his eyelids were building its ounce, preventing him from being awake as he sensed the betray of his body. Ellie and Agnes were more than excited to listen to their parents' old friend reading them a bedtime story. Tristan didn't make an exception too, as well.

"Well then, just wait for your nana." She walked away from their cribs as she wandered around their room, finding children's book on the cupboard's top as she picked it up, approaching the bassinets as she swallowed a lump in her throat, inhaling before starting to read.

"Once upon a time, there was a lady called..." The young woman started reading for the children as her melodic voice jingled mellifluously in their tiny ears.

They were smiling as they paid attention to their auntie who loved them, withholding themselves to not ruin the sweet bedtime fairy tale.

***

Frank couldn't sleep as he struggled to fall asleep even close his eyes, despite his fatigued body but his frustration over the younger notorious monsignor McKenzie.

He clutched fists as his face was burried in his knees as his body crouched in the corner of the solitary's gray, jejune walls with cold, stodgy floor as his bare feet contacted, trembling as he had almost no strength over his still surviving body over the murderously harsh conditions in the madhouse that hadn't been improved in the last four years. They were rather exarcebating as Briarcliff's apogee would dawn quite soon, facing its ultimate desertion.