The Answer We're Looking For

Father McKenzie was overwhelmingly content and proud of himself, in fact, he saved his own skin from the authorities who are currently looking for him in the entire small city Boston. Not only he was ensured with a home or a place which he could call it home- the Salem's local church and the dorm room where he would spend his lonely and peaceful nights, without worrying about the hazards, but also he got along with some of the priests and nuns, whilst other members of the clergy weren't his cup of tea and just gave them cocky, artifical smiles to have their numbers. Furthermore, he introduced himself to them and not amplifying about his life so much, factly, he possesses abundance of secrets. 

The evening hours dawned in the small city of Massachusetts as Alexander was in his dorm after having a dinner with the nuns and the priests. The dorm where he settled down was sufficiently spacious and cozy for him. There was a single plain wall bed with an oak nightstand, keeping some of his belongings in the drawer. An obsidian indochine rug beside the old, creaky door. A middle French window with closed black embossed velvet curtains. A desk against the middle window with a mere wooden chair. A gothic armoire was in the west side of the dorm, empty to basics inside. It's pressumed to be used for storing garments and attires. A candle stood untouched on the desk. He unpacked some of his belongings including clerical attires he kept in his leather suitcase, sorting them in the wardrobe where they exactly belonged. 

Alexander's back collapsed on the bed as his azure eyes fixed on the ceiling as his mind sunk in profound, doubtlessly fuzzy thoughts, sinking in his overwhelmed mind, unable to relax for a second. He really cannot put a finger on his cryptical glee. It was unpredictably soothing for him. Factually because he was much safer, happier far away from the issues he dragged with himself in Boston and Briarcliff's scandalous deeds which he affected the wretched souls and its general conditions. Alexander has never been in peace for months...probably years since his engagements are engulfing him to bones. He relished the nocturnal hush as much as he permitted. 

He took a deep breath, shortly before commencing with his evening prayer as his stamina verged, betraying his frail skeleton to fall asleep in a matter of minutes. 

The flame of the candle light illuminated partly the room as the juvenile monsignor's positioned body loomed a sillhouette, reflecting on the wall.

"O my God, at the end of this day I thank You most heartily for all the graces I have received from You. I am sorry that I have not made a better use of them. I am sorry for all the sins I have committed against You. Forgive me, O my God, and graciously protect me this night. Blessed Virgin Mary, my dear heavenly mother, take me under your protection. St. Joseph, my dear Guardian Angel, and all you saints of God, pray for me. Sweet Jesus, have pity on all poor sinners, and save them from hell. Have mercy on the suffering souls in purgatory..." He prayed his heart out, expressing his gratitude to God for sheltering him under his roof of light and safety, despite his inevitable sins he has committed and wrecked with a hammet on trillions of pieces broken vows.

Then he got briskly rid off his clerical attire and changed himself in a cotton, comfy pyjamas as he blew out the candle light, consequently hopping up in the bed.

***

A door tap caught Sister Molly's attention instantly as she was desolated inside the church after her evening prayer. She walked up to the double goth doors as she sighed dramatically until her hand pushed with force the double doors.