Friends will be Friends 1

A week later...

24th of October, 1968

A week passed way too swiftly. The autumn days got not only more rainy, but also colder. Especially in Boston. 

Lana determined herself to go visit Howards as she knew somewhat about their current residence, located in Boston. As she drove attentivelly her car on the highway, she conformed the speed she acquired while driving. She was midst the drivers who didn't enjoy and liked the high speeds like the young ones at all. It wasn't her cup of tea at all.

Fortunately, today it didn't pour any rain as Lana was eager to drive easier on her way to Boston from New York. 

She woke up in the very early hours of the morning as she drank her morning coffee with a cigarette, of course. Further, taking a fresh and warm shower as she dressed up in something more casual such as a practical cotton with long sleeves, round neckline top in white like a snow, matching flawlessly with her complexion and skin color, black leather slacks, black and white sneakers, chestnut thick leather jacket as she tied her hair on medium ponytail. Shortly after doing the regular morning routine things, she hasted to prepare herself to flee from her house, in order to drive to Howards' mansion as it might take hours with a transport.

Whilst driving, she thought about her imminent encounter that she's going to face with Timothy again but including in this number Jude. The young, ambitious journalist was somewhat absent-minded as she drove her car, trying to evade the anxiety that occured in her mind abruptly, prevailing her self-confidence. She didn't know how to imagine the forthcoming meet in face-to-face with Jude. She was excited and mildly uneasy in the same time. 

In spite of her disliking of the former nun in the beginning when she was still the administrator of Briarcliff, yet she has respect for the older woman, noting something that tormented her and she was convinced that she had a sorrowful, afflictive past, embodying the rage and the strength in the canes that she used to whip the inmates, disguising herself as the stern, cold-blooded and possessive nun though she's a cinnamon roll. A cinamon roll who craved for years and decades to be loved and understood at least. Besides having a splendid family with marvelous children and supportive husband. Judy have accomplished every miracle of her that she pursued for years and living a great, indescribable life nowadays. A life she has always demanded as a prior sinful, unloved, obsessionally boozing and lusting, desolated woman. It was like more than a luxury. It was much more worth than all diamonds, pearls and gold in this world.

"What if she dislikes me just like before?" Lana thought inwardly to herself as she waited on the red light, fixing her ponytail, looking up at her rear view mirror, her chocolate eyes glimmering uneasiness. Her negative thoughts racked her, draining slowly her youthfulness. These thoughts reminded her of being unwed woman, who thinks about her mother-in-law. 

She emitted an exhausted sigh, glancing over the rear view mirror to check her reflection again. When the light went from red to green, she commenced to drive as she smirked uncontrollably, forming on her face. 

"I don't care anymore if somebody is going to like me." She whispered audaciously as her self-confidence grew once she reminded herself who she is apparently.

***

"Wow, it's so clean!" Frank exclaimed amused as his winter blue eyes were in awe once he glimpsed all over the rooms' doorway and the stairs for the second floor, stuck in the hall with a retro navy blue mug with coffee.

In the meantime, Timothy was in Frank's company as they drank their morning coffees as they helped Jude with cleaning the entire house, expecting their guest extremely soon. Judy was educating the children by reading for them children book and explaining to them new words in their prominent room. 

The three adults were already awake since 6:30 o'clock in the morning, having a short but healthy breakfast with the children and shortly after the breakfast, they started immediately with the cleaning, tidying and dusting. 

"Isn't it?" Timothy mocked the former security guard with a teasing grin across his lips, sipping his warm coffee.

"Yes, Tim. It's unbelievable to live in such cleanness." Frank said with an ironic smile on his face.

"You have lived in cleanness since we rescued you from Briarcliff." Timothy added.

"That's right. I haven't seen such cleanliness for years, honestly."

"I know, buddy."

***

"Mama!?" Ellie squealed as she sat on window's ledge in the living room, pointing out at the another, unusual car that parked beside Timothy's. 

Meanwhile, Tristan held a children's book with pictures, educating himself whilst Agnes Jude was in her mother's arms who sped up to the eldest twin as she left the kitchen, making her way upto the living room. Frank and Timothy looked out the kitchen's window as they supervised almost midlife woman wearing casual clothes getting out of her car as she locked her car.

"L-Lana?" Frank enquired naively as he was tremendously astonished their guest is the young journalist who reborns years after she dart off from the sinister institution.

"Yes, it's her." Timothy replied.

"Mama, Lana is here." Ellie responded even without Jude asked her as the older lady peeped out the window, noting the young woman waiting outside as she tapped on the door.

"I know. You promise to be a good girl with her," Meanwhile Jude leant as she pressed her lips on her oldest daughter's temple, pausing for a while. "Okay?" Then she rose up her as Jude rocked Agnes in her secure, warm arms. 

"Okay, Mommy." Ellie answered modestly as she pursed her lips as Jude fled out of the living room, walking up to the front door, unlocking and opening it in ease.

After opening the door, Lana approached the former nun as they giggled sweetly, dangling her arms around Jude as she was careful to not smother the young child with their tight, warm embrace. Initially, they were speechless to utter a single word since Ms.Winters's arrival. Further, they were overwhelemed to see one another after years, passed through pain, patience and glee. Agnes babbled candiedly as she sensed the absorbed warmness that overtook their bodies.

Likewise Tristan left his children's book aside on the sofa as he crawled, peeped of inquisitiveness as he noted the both women broke off the hug, a coy smile waved up in the corner of the little boy's lips. Ellie was afraid from heights as looked down at the ground with dew, shaping in her eyes as her tears began building. Her heart sunk every time whenever she is watching the sights from high. She had phobia from heights though her mother does but much less as she mustered with them.

To be continued...