Children and Home Before Ireland

A few weeks later...

12th of August, 1966

The weeks had already swiftly gone like it was yesterday. August welcomed its days and weeks with hotter weather than July, as a result of the heating, unbearable and wearing days especially at daylight time. There were some rainy days of August though they weren't apparently many.

At last, it was Friday. The always expected day after four rough weekdays, passed under pressure and stress.

The Howards had already booked their tickets for Dublin, Ireland, in the beginning of the week as they had a tough family discussion to make their final decision what they should do with their children. They were pendulating between taking them to their short, but cloak-and-dagger trip or leave them under somebody's care whom they can trust mostly.

4 days earlier...

8th of August, 1966

"Honey, I am going to put the children to sleep as you prepare our green teas before our grave family discussion, okay?" Jude promised to put Ellie and Tristan to sleep after her husband helped her to bath them and change the twins in new, sheer garments.

"Yes, sure." He didn't take his chocolate eyes off the pot as he waited patiently the water to boil.

Then Jude walked away from the kitchen as she went upstairs as held, opening the children's room door as she left the room's door halfly opened, putting each twin in their wooden cots, singing to them a lullaby with her mesmesrizing, eloquent voice. Whereas her both smooth, protective hands managed to move down to their soft heads, stroking slowly as she continued lullabying them sweetly.

Their eyelids grew heavy with every passing moment. Their mouths emitting a rough infant yawn, whilst flattering in their mother's lullaby.

All through the night
I'll be awake and I'll be with you
All through the night
This precious time when time is new
Oh, all through the night today
Knowing that we feel the same without saying

Not after a while, after singing a little part of the lullaby, she peeped at every cot, noting their sleepy condition as they were already asleep, their motionless bodies resting from their dynamic day. Their shutted eyes protecting them from the turned on lights in the room. She couldn't aid herself as she watched them with a curling up broad smile spreading across her lips, stroking each twin's head with affection, warmness.

"Good night, my little angels!" She leaned down every cot as she kissed their foreheads.