Bombshell

A few weeks later
25th of November, 1969

The autumn days passed reluctantly swiftly. Almost the winter dawned as the days were getting colder and the cold climate wasn't as tolerable as the days prior.

The Howards' Thanksgiving was celebrated excellently as the family assemble gathered along, had a scrumptious dinner together by talking, eating and drinking.

Howsoever, today was Jude's birthday as she was marking her 50th anniversary since her birth.

For this purpose, Timothy was gone downtown as he gathered the family's car to drive to the music store and buy a classy gramophone disk, choosing wisely something that's a recent and unquestionable valuable and extraordinary.

Whilst the twins were attending a kindergarten, leaving Jude home alone with Agnes Jude, Jude was cleaning the house, tidying, dusting and vacuuming every room with the aid of her hired housekeeper, Valerie. When the both women were collaborating in cleaning the mansion, the youngest Howard waddled as the ajar door of her room permitted her to flee, her light footsteps stamping the lacquered wooden flooring, drawing Jude and Valerie's attention promptly as they were in the library, vacuuming the polluted floor.

"Val, you heard any footsteps?" The former nun questioned as the maid stopped the vacuum cleaner, harking as she heard an infant footsteps, approaching the library.

"I think yes." The redhead affirmed, admitting truthfully as she wiped her forehead with her sleeved forearm, averting Jude's hazel orbs as her hazel eyes arrowed right at the white exquisite door, which was presumably shut. "Probably it's Agnes." She furthered, hearing the young girl's giggle, floating in the hallway like an echo.

"Agnes?" The blonde enquired as the library's door squeaked, catching the both ladies' attention as they froze up, darting their four pairs of hazel irises to the door, wandered down to the petite figure that wore a bashful, innocent smile honed in the corner of her lips. "Agnes, darling?" The older woman walked up to the little girl, crouching down to her in hasty, short steps. In the meantime, she cupped in the palm of her hands Agnes's plump, pale cheeks, resting her temple against her, locking up her hazel eyes.

Valerie just stood, offering a genuine, genial smile to the youngest Howard heir.

"Mommy, I don't want to be alone." The infant mumbled shyly, shrugging.

"Aww, sweetheart! Of course, you aren't alone now. You have your Mommy and your aunt Val."

"What were you doing?" The inquisitiveness that Agnes possessed, enthusiastically twisted Jude's mind as the innocent question sounded somewhat awkward.

"Oh honey, we are cleaning and the house wasn't as clean as a week ago. Let's not forget it will be disappointing to leave the house to flood in its filth and dust." The former sister of the church reassured her daughter, shifting her hand up to her scalp, running incessantly smoothly her fingers through her mane of honey curls, descending down her upper back. "It is unhealthy for us...who live there and step here and there." She explained wisely as she got in further details.

"Your Mommy is right, Agnes! But you can stay here with us and learn how to vacuum with a vacuum cleaner, besides to clean." Valerie comprehended Agnes's agonizing pain of being all alone and she couldn't neglect the child like a stray animal as the young girl glimpsed up at the housekeeper.