Nightmare ends: Atonement

Warning: That's the final chapter of Jude's nightmare she dreamt of in her afternoon slumber. That's probably one of the longest chapters I have ever written in the entire book.

The next morning

2nd of November, 1964

The morning after the both members of the clergy get laid and experienced along a sultry, lovely night, Jude's content smile lingered on her lips as she had found peace with herself at last. The cotton blanket barely covered up any inch of her creamy, slender naked figure as she laid on her back on her small bed. her arms spreading as her legs were closed. Shut eyelids like blinds, shielding her eyes from the daylight that bathed her en-suite bedroom with a light via the miniature wall window. It was all silent in her room. Outdoor tweeting birds jingled in her ears natural anthems. 

Nevertheless, something was out of borders. It was lukewarm as the cold climate in the madhouse was a common phenomenon. Her mossy, pale skin overflowed with goosebumps, due to the habitual coldness encompassed her again and again. 

Once she came to her senses as she opened reluctantly her eyelids, rubbing with her petite fists her drowsy hazel eyes, omitting a yawn, she rose her body as she propped on her elbows, her mane of glossy golden waterfall descending her stark upper back as she scanned around her en-suite bedroom in an ordinary eyeing, realizing she was desolated. 

The bed where she shared a sweet, elating evening with the priest who has chosen her as his right hand, calling her proudly a rare bird, was empty. No trace of another being. The once tossed clothes of the juvenile priest which temporarily laid on the cool floor were all gone. She was desolated just like before. No alive surroundings encircling her. The forlornness predominated in the both rooms: her office and her bedroom. Luckily, she found one of her lacquered, wooden canes with her knickers, habit, wimple and ravishing red slip in different corners of the room, spilled. 

The smug, radiant smile which once stilled on her fresh face vanished when she expected to wake up next to her lover, snuggle in his strong, secure arms, to tell him good morning as he was the first person to hear it after waking up. The scorching temperature that her heart absorbed, yielded drastically to cool as it frozen as the frostbites embodied her heartache, genuine disappointment, grief and desolation. The reason why her body was coated in goosebumps was deliriously obvious. She wore nothing. She glimpsed down quickly at her long, drop-dead gorgeous legs were stark as she startled, concluding with the circumstance to keep her wits about her embarrassing nudity. The nun refrained to render a random sound as she didn't know how versatile and venturesome was the possessed holy man, with whom they broke their vows and did unholy things against God, the vows, the church, their imperiled reputation and careers. 

On one hand, she felt smug, loved and prominent, due to the fact, he was virgin and he gave his virtue to a loving woman, in spite of the evil that obscured the real Timothy. On other hand, she felt foul, forsaken, unloved, lonely and melancholic. She felt like a thrown garbage and unwanted whore, or rather, his whore to degrade her since the devil possessed every fragment of his body and corrupted each cell of the vulnerable ecclesiastical man, and had a secret plan to use her for his benefits as he was already aware of her feelings and emotions. 

Jude deeply loved him and he already knew that about her as it was the truth itself. The middle aged woman restrained to weep and let the barrenness to distress her to an unpredictable level. Anyway she motivated herself like always, despite her depressing isolation, to get up, pick up every garment of hers as she drews up swiftly in no time, preparing for her regular daily work that awaits her in a matter of minutes.