Apology 2

In the meantime, Valerie was reading a book with her daughter, sitting in the middle of the large bed as the opened window aerated the stagnant, stench air in the room, sun rays penetrating through the bordered up window, fondling gently with its genial, bright rays their exposed flesh. They didn't know what was awaiting for them in the imminent seconds.

The red-haired maid, hired to clean and dust after in Howards' mansion, was really upset since the day before. Especially after she had a grave conversation with her lover Velika about the abortive kiss on Jude's lips though if the kiss was efficient, subsequently the both sides would suffer. Who was actually the more damaged partner? First and foremost, Valerie had forgiven her partner for the happened 2 years ago, in spite of not omitting out of her mind what kind of a mental, spiritual injury is to her.

On other hand, Velika didn't render an exception too. She was either too. Like she felt a heartache, as a sharp dagger stabbed in her heart as it thrusted in her fleshy bosom slowly, disseminates a big dose of black, solid blood. The blood of grief-stricken, heartbreak, betrayal and truth. Was this actually a game? Or conspiracy against the doctor, who wasn't exactly loving her partner at all? It rather resembled revenge due to the happened 2 years ago. The karma always receives its question but it's just rarely the answers are looked for.

Valerie and Velika hadn't spoken to one another since the last night as the sole times were together when they are sitting on the dining table in the kitchen for dinner and breakfast. They hasted to finish their meals as soon as possible, ultimately ignoring one another's eye contacts, overlooking as their eyes were darted to their gradually consumed meal. Furthermore, they spent their almost sleepless, abysmal night by sleeping in seperate beds, lacking of warm, comfort, love and benevolence. By the way, Ms.Volkova was lucky to have one more family member, who can listen to her pain, comprehending her, comforting her without judging her. Her last hope Shona. She slept with her mother as a mother and a daughter in their sanctuary.

Anyway, back to the main moment, as the both females were drowning in the rejoicing, breathtaking silence of the summer with its silver-tongued chirping birds outside, fulfilling the ambience with overwhelming serenity. The birds' songs were more than prime as they soothed the both exhausted females especially Valerie.

All of a sudden, a few light door taps interrupted the reading process as the young girl stared up at the door blandly, smiling timidly whilst her mother left the book aside on the night stand, exclaiming to the unknown person to come in. As the door opened, thereafter being shutted, Shona was beyond gleeful to see her another aunt Judy, while Valerie was shocked, scarcely realising to live in the real world, initially thinking that it was just a dream. It wasn't a dream. It was actually her visitor, her friend, the person who hired her as a housekeeper in her household. Agaped mouth as her lips curled in a little smile, refraining herself from asking tedious questions, retrospecting what they should tell each other.

Shona's face lit as her mother's did too.

"Hi Val and Shona! It's a pleasure to see you." Jude stood in front of them as they sat on the rim of the bed, hazel meeting 2 hazels. She smiled to the females with a radiant, broad smile across her rosy-painted lips.

"Hi Judy!" The maid greeted her with embittered voice as she was huffed by her partner almost 24 hours ago.

"Auntie Judy!" Shona exclaimed euphorically as she jumped from her bed, walking up to Mrs.Howard with a faint giggle, wrapping her petite arms around her upper back as soon as she crouched down to the little girl's level, momentarily clasping her secure, affectionate arms around her wee skeleton's back.