Return To Salem 2

The next morning

13th of October, 1969

When the lucid daylight dwelled in the wee hours of the morning in Salem, the first eloquent songs of chirping birds diffused everywhere. Dim somber clouds cloaked the bright sun as the sound of rustling crispy leaves, trinkling down from the grand, partly bare trees carpeted the ground. 

In the interim, Father McKenzie reclined on his leather driver seat, his eyelids shut, shielding them from the light that bathed partly the car in its dim brightness. His snores swirled like a whirlpool inside his car. Fortunately, his car windows were closed, preventing the further sounds leak outside as the ocassionally passing strangers hear them and think him of a weirdo. 

All of a sudden, he reluctantly opened his eyelids, a casual yawn omitting his lips as he rubbed his eyes with his fists until he came to his senses and his vision wasn't blurry at all. Alexander woke up in the his car, hearing the soothing sound of chirping birds though slightly deafing, due to the closed car windows. The autumn zephyr blowed gently the trees' crowns and strangers' hairs. There were a handful of people who paid a visit to the graveyard, mourning over their beloved people's death, placing flowers or cemetery wreath in front of their relatives' gravestones, remarking an anniversary since their days were reckoned. They were all dressed in dark, rigid attires, protecting them from the cold climate of October.

Father McKenzie couldn't take his azure eyes off the lamenting people as he wasn't equiped with food and drinks ever since he left Boston's church and the small city itself, driving to his birth city. 

In spite of the poignant scenery, he inhaled sharply as he turned on the car, starting its engine, driving backward until his car settled on the asphalt, opting to find the nearest church which he can find in the city of the witches and witchcraft that took its place centuries ago.

The juvenile priest was focused on his path rather than the recent issues that took its place back in Boston where he won't return until a circumstance enforces him to head back from where he came and dragged with himself abundance of issues. 

***

"Good morning, Sister!" One of the police officers who researched every field of Boston in attempt to find Father McKenzie were a total failure. 

"Good morning, sir! What's the matter?" Sister Molly greeted affably the police as there were 2 police officers in front of the church's huge hardwood double door. 

"We are officers Cooper and Jackson!" The both cops swapped a firm, indifferent handshake with the middle aged woman, not interrupting their mutual eye contact. "If you are asking us for what we are here eventually...it's because of Father McKenzie, if we don't mistake?" Mr.Jackson spoke as he was slightly confused and uncertain, in case, he didn't want to mistake the priest with somebody else.

"Yes, that's his name. I can see you are investigating him." The brunette responded sternly, cold-bloodedly. 

"Exactly, Sister!" Mr.Cooper answered this time, darting his chocolate eyes to the notes he took with the questions which are going to be posed about the notorious priest. "Sister...what's your name?" He inquired awkwardly, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, I am Sister Molly! I used to be Father McKenzie's tutor." Her words were far from teasing and serene. She abided composed, expressiveless.