Winter Holidays

A month later

25th of December, 1969

The final days of the decade itself were driving up promptly with each passing day. 

The twins including Agnes Jude were growing forthwith as they were not only bigger compared unlike a couple of months ago, moreover their parents taught them on beneficial stuff since young age especially Ellie and Tristan as their fifth birthday was in a matter of months and they can attend regularly school at young age.

As the Howards were at home and have amply shopped the day before, the entire family was gathered altogether circa the embellished Christmas tree, sitting on the carpeted flooring in the living room, the fireplace's flames were dancing, igniting the wood, keeping the room still warm and convenient. Suitable for celebrating and bearable climate to abide on one place for longer. 

Millions of wee snowflakes were tumbling down, following its rhythm outside, blanketing the ground and the stark trees with snow bed. It has been snowing for a couple of days though there weren't snowy days at all. Everything depended. 

They were unpacking with immense impatience and euphoria the presents especially Ellie, Tristan and Agnes as the youngest heir of the Howards was in Jude's secure, loving arms, being swayed. 

"Let's check what the obediant Ellie has got for Christmas since the children shall go first." Timothy stated jubilantly as he omitted a joyous chuckle, sitting on the carpeted floor.

For the moment, the young girl grabbed her present by the subtle red envelop, dragging it towards himself as she started unboxing it until she concluded and her huge, elated hazel eyes were in awe once they met the item she received for her fourth Christmas. It was new toys such as plastic toys for a tea party collection. The eldest Howard infant couldn't be more intoxicatingly buoyant.

"Just look at our little princess what she has got!" Jude appended a comment through blissful voice undertone, caressing Agnes's soft mane of golden curls, resembling exactly her mother's. Her hazel orbs, radiating felicity, warmness and love were pierced into the ecstatic face of the brunette. A genuine contentness oozed from them. 

"She seems very happy!" Timothy affirmed his wife's words, a merry smile blossomed on his plump, damp lips. Had an arm wrapped around Jude's shoulder, his fingers tipping the wool fabric of her casual beige cardigan. 

"Aren't you, sweetie?" The former nun muffled inquiry towards her twin daughter as her incessant flourishing content smile radiated her doubtless felicity.

"I am, Mommy and Daddy!" The brunette girl evoked boldly. Radiant, jaunty grin distorted on her thin, spectacular lips. Meanwhile the former priest ran a hand through the older twin's chestnut scalp, stroking her silky chocolate straight tresses, cascading down to her mid back.

"We are truly delighted to hear that with your Mommy!" The former monsignor stated sereny, still stroking the little girl's hair, admiring her cuteness and realizing how much she resembled him by possessing exactly the same hair color, hair texture, nose and smile.

"Tris, it's your turn too." The blonde commanded as Tristan was by the left side of the grandiose Christmas tree, adorned in chromatic garlands, including velvet balls in variety of colors, glowing lights and sitting on the top of the tree- a bright yellow shining star.