Thanksgiving 1

A several days later...

24th of November, 1965

The days passed like ships in the night. Filled with swift frequence but lovingly, splendidly. But they just passed quickly. Thanksgiving was coming. 2 more prominent holidays were on the horizon too. Just after Thanksgiving. 

Jude's birthday was tomorrow. Just right on Thanksgiving's day. She hadn't cared so much about her birthday since her mother passed away. Or perhaps earlier. Because she had grew in modest household, just her and her mother. The times when the poverty dominated over the opportunity to afford anything that will be a fragment of their survival. However, they were strong women and one of them is still alive, who is still strong, struggling with the unrighteous life. It's not their fault at all. It was just the fate that the life granted them. Almost on every birthday Jude didn't receive anything with a few exceptions as well. One of her most precious presents that she had ever received from her mother was her ruby-sapphire bracelet. It can be a classy, simple one, nonetheless authentic, fabulous in such specific way. Unfortunately it was her last present that she had ever received especially at age 17. Her first ever present for her birthday was actually a teddy bear when she just turned 1 year old toddler. She had such terrible but some notable and enchanting memories from her birthday back in her childhood and teen years. The teddy bear and the special bracelet were midst the best gifts she had ever had in her life. She can perfectly recall how she couldn't sleep with this unique item, hugging it tightly into her tiny arms every night. To protect her from the loneliness, coldness, the disease, the death, the plague that knocked on the door of her household. She wasn't luckily near the edge of the death as some critically conditioned children. Even she gave a name to her fewest toys that she ever had in her life. It was actually Bethany with its own significance "house of song" from Hebrew. The last time, she had Bethany the plush bear into her arms was just days after her mother passed away. It was so painful and upsetting to accept her mother's death after burrying her corpse in their small house's yard, as she placed the last surrounding flowers on her mother's grave. The days after Jude's mother passes quite quickly like they hadn't been felt. The placed flowers on the grave swiftly faded as they lost its colorness, magnificent flowery scent that allured every person's nostrils, bewitching them. Just days after the young Judy Martin abided by herself. Without a mother, it meant she had lost almost everything she got. It was like a fragment, missing from her heart so that to be repaired and the things could be better. At least, the young Jude had belongings of her mother and her own including the most unique gifts she had ever had by her most special person, who is amongst her, unfortunately. As the young woman determined to move somewhere to rent a room somewhere in the city so that to have a fresh start by picking up every belonging in her suitcases, she almost forgot about her teddy bear Bethany, leaving it to lay down on her small, old bed in her bedroom as her first house had 4 rooms only. They were bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen. Once the aspiring Jude left her house as she locked the door with chains and a few padlocks, she went as far as she can from her birth place, emigrating in the urban part of Boston. Furthermore, as her fresh start begins in the city, she debuted her career as a singer, starting to sing in night bars with her band.

But her upcoming birthday is going to be one of the best not because of living a much better life especially in her middle aged phase. It was because of Thanksgiving with her family, thereafter accomplishing a planned night out in a restaurant the entire family along the day after the special American day. Though Mrs. Howard should conform in her first months as a mother to 2 months old little angels, not endangering their lives. It's her 2nd of soberty after giving a birth to healthy twins. One after one.