[Chapter Seventy-Two]

Elliot and I laid tangled together in our bed. Being with him was a release that I needed, but I still feel stressed out. I ran my hand over Elliot's chest, as he ran his hand over my bare back.

"So, do you want to explain why you were so willing to make love to me tonight, or do you just want to sleep?" Elliot asked, before leaning down and placing a soft kiss to the top of my head.

"I thought that I told you to shut up earlier?" I asked, and Elliot laughed softly as he placed his cheek against my hair.

"You did, but sometimes you like to talk. So do you want to or not?" Elliot asked.

"I tried to kick Serena out, but she doesn't want to leave," I whispered.

"I brought home a list of apartments that she can afford. Maybe if we go out and look at them with her, she'll change her mind." Elliot spoke. I nodded a  bit, before tilting my head to look at him.

"I don't want to, El. I don't want to help her look for apartments, and I don't really want to her leave, maybe."

"You don't?" Elliot asked, and I sighed as I rolled out of his arms and laid on my back. I didn't even bother adjusting the sheet because it's just my husband and myself.

"Cynthia said she wasn't comfortable, and I guess that maybe she and I should've told Serena. I got stuck with it as usual, because Cynthia doesn't want to." I huffed a bit. 

"Sleep on it and then decide. I'm pretty tired, thanks to you." Elliot smiled before he leaned down and kissed me softly. He sank down under the sheets and laid his head on my shoulder as he started to sleep.

[*]

"Mommy, Grandma isn't here anymore." Christopher sighed, as I put scrambled eggs onto his Power Ranger's plate.

"How do you know that?" I asked, and my son sighed as he grabbed his sippy cup, since he hasn't proved to be good drinking from a normal cup, and he started to drink his milk.

"I went to wake up Auntie this morning, and Grandma was gone and her bed hadn't been slept in." He frowned deeply.

"Oh. Maybe she left early for work... or slept on the couch." I spoke, as I tried to avoid telling him what he probably had heard last night when I was yelling at my mother about her drug and alcohol addiction.

"Mommy, will I ever see her again?" Christopher questioned, as Elliot walked into the kitchen. I sat the frying pan down and grabbed the hand towel.

As I wiped some of the shaving cream Elliot missed, off of his face, I spoke to my son.

"You'll see her again, baby. She's your grandma, and she absolutely adores you." I spoke, and my son sighed in response. It wasn't what he wanted to hear, but it would have to do until this can all be worked out, or until I get the call that Serena was arrested for drug use. Whichever one comes first.

[*]

"Everyone tell Detective Benson thanks for coming and talking to us!" Christopher's teacher exclaimed, as I grabbed my badge from my son and clipped it back to my hip. It was safety week, and Elliot was undercover so I needed to do this.

"Thank you!" The preschoolers exclaimed, and I smiled at them all. They thought that it was so cool that a cop came in, and I showed them the pellet gun that we used to stun a perp, but not hurt them. I didn't want to bring my real gun, because even if I didn't pass it around, I didn't want to risk anything at all.

"Alright, everyone please get your lunch boxes and we can head down to the lunch room." The teacher spoke, as I walked over and grabbed my jacket. I looked at my son, and after he grabbed his lunch box, he ran over to me and hugged my legs.

"I love you, Mommy. I hope you feel better." He spoke sweetly. I sank down and pulled him close, as I kissed his soft red curls.

"Thank you, love. I'll try to feel better. Be a good boy, and Grandma Bernie is getting you after school, I'll see you when you stop by the precinct to get your overnight bag, alright?"

"Alright. Bye Mommy." He smiled, as he gave me one last hug.

"Bye honey. I love you too."

[*]

After leaving the preschool, I got into my car and headed off to the precinct. I checked my phone when I got there, but Elliot still didn't call me to tell me that he was heading home. It's been a hard two weeks without him, and after coming down with some stomach bug last week, and spending two days at home with Chris because he had given it to me and he was sick, I really just wanted to see my husband again.

"How did safety week go, Super Mom?" Monique teased me, as I walked into the squad room. I sighed as I took the pelt gun from my holster, before handing it to the desk officer.

"It was good. Chrissy loved showing me off. Do we have a case yet?" I questioned slowly.

"Nope. Fin and Cassidy are trying to get some officers to play basketball with them, I'm cleaning up the mess that seems to work its way from Cassidy's desk onto mine." Monique replied, and I laughed softly as I sank down onto my desk chair.

"I'm glad." I sighed.

"You still kinda look green." Monique frowned, and I nodded.

"Like I love my son and all, but he's such a friendly kid and that means he's always getting colds and then I get them. But this time it sucked."

"That's why I'm not having kids. I hate being sick, especially the throwing up kind that you had." She cringed a bit, and I nodded.

Monique went back to cleaning, and I just sank a bit into my chair and closed my eyes. I settled forward a bit and rested my head against my desk after a while, and I would've continued to rest, but then my phone rang, and it wasn't Elliot, it was an officer saying that my mother was arrested.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D