[Chapter One-Hundred-Thirty-Five]

Elliot carried my bags down the path and to the car, while I stood and said goodbye to my children. Mary hugged me for several long moments before speaking.

"I'll call you every morning and night, okay? So then you know that Aunt Cy and Dad didn't kill us." Mary spoke, and I smiled.

"Sounds good. Just make sure you take care of Chrissy, okay? He's really upset about this." I sighed softly.

"I promise. He's my little brother and I'll make sure he is okay." Mary replied. I leaned forward and kissed her forehead before stepping away from her. I turned and saw Cynthia as she held Meredith and rubbed my daughter's back as she cried quietly. I walked over to them and took Meredith from my sister and she clung tightly to me.

"Don't go, Momma." She whimpered.

"I'll be home before you know it, Merebear. I promise you. I love you so much, lovey." I breathed, as I rubbed her small back before kissing her curls.

"Momma." She whimpered, as she clung even tighter to me.

"Oh, baby. It's gonna be okay." I cooed. Cynthia kissed my cheek gently before taking Meredith from me and taking her into the house and she cried my name. I walked over and watched as Chris helped Elliot close the trunk to the van. I reached out and ran my fingers through Chris' silky red curls. He turned around and looked up at me.

"Momma, can I go with you? I can do my homework up there with you." Chris spoke, and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry, darling. I have to go alone. I love you, baby. Wanna give me a hug goodbye?" I questioned.

"I don't want you to go... but I won't get mad again." He breathed. He stepped forward and hugged me tightly before sighing softly.

"Be good, Chrissy."

"I promise, Momma. Take care of Charlie for me."

"Oh, of course, I'll do that. I'll call you tonight." I smiled softly, before kissing the top of his head.

[*]

Elliot was going to stay with me in Maine tonight because his parents weren't going to show up until the morning. He had gotten me a doctor in Maine and I was going to see her once a week until my blood pressure went down enough that I could go home without harming myself or my son any more than I might already have.

"Alright, so I'm gonna get you into bed and then I'm going to go grocery shopping. I want to make sure you have all of your favorite food and stuff."

"Elliot, can I walk around at all?" I asked, and Elliot nodded.

"One hour a day. That's what your doctor said. So use that time to go outside and sit in the sun or to walk to the bathroom." Elliot replied as he glanced over at me.

"I want to go home, El. I don't want to go up here. The kids are so upset that I left, and I hate it. I hate when I'm the reason why our kids are upset." I sighed.

"We want you at home too, but you and Charlie could get super sick and die from this. It's serious. And when we deal with something serious we have to deal with it seriously."

"You used that word too much in that statement." I sighed. I ran my hands over my stomach before looking out the window.

"I know, but I had too. Now, Livvie, just rest. We have about an hour before we will get there. Take this time to nap and try to think positively. You and your negativity is really getting me down."

[*]

I talked to the kids before bed that night, and they were all upset about me leaving. But I was hoping they'd get used to it. And that I wouldn't have to be up here that long. I was hoping that after a week I could go home.

"Yeah, I love you all too. I'll make sure she gets the stuff before I leave in the morning." Elliot spoke, before ending the call with our kids. He put his phone on the bedside table before sinking down under the blankets next to me. He reached out and gently brushed a tear from my cheek before giving me a gentle smile.

"So, what do you have to give me?" I asked, and he shrugged as he tried to play dumb and as if I didn't just hear him tell me that he had to give me stuff.

"Nothing... as far as I know," Elliot replied.

"C'mon, El. Tell me." I ordered. He leaned forward and kissed my lips gently before pulling me close.

"Chrissy and Mere drew you pictures and Mary got you a what she calls 'Surviving Bedrest Kit'." Elliot smiled. I felt a few more tears run down my cheeks as I rested my head against his chest.

"We have the best kids in the world." I breathed, and he nodded.

"We do, baby girl. We have three amazing kids that we've met. And one more that we will meet before you know it."

"I wish you could stay with me. Because then at least this wouldn't be so unbearable. I'm just hoping that I won't be here for that long. Because even just a day away from my kids is hard as hell."

"Worry and stressing about being away from the kids isn't going to help. Just try and stay as calm as possible and this will all go quicker."

[*]

Elliot left the next morning and I used part of my hour of walk time to see him off. Tears ran down my cheeks as I stood next to Bernie. I just wanted to be home with my children and husband, but I can't do that for a while. 

"Do you wanna go in and look at what the kids sent for you?" Bernie asked, and I bit my lip and nodded.

"I have very sweet kids." I breathed, and Bernie nodded.

"You do." She smiled softly. We went inside and Joseph made us tea, while Bernie and I sat in the living room. I unfolded the pictures and smiled at each of them. You could clearly see what Chris had drawn, but the scribbles that Meredith sent me made me smile just as much. Then I opened up the bag that Mary had sent along. 

Inside was a few boxes of my favorite tea and Bernie took the boxes and went into the kitchen so Joseph could make this the tea we drank. Then I pulled out a few king sized Kit-Kat bars, four of my favorite books, my favorite lotion, and a note.

Mom,

I know that you don't want to be away from us, and we don't want you in Maine either... but it's important that you and Charlie get better. We will still be waiting here for you and Dad said that if your blood pressure goes down enough, we can come up and see you for the weekend. We love you Mom, and we can't wait to have you back home with us. 

With Lots of Love,

Mary, Chrissy, and Merebear xo

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D