[Chapter Eighty-Five]

I got into my sedan and sat and just waited. I kept hoping that I'd hear something over the radio, like Elliot telling me that they have Christopher. But I was unsure if that would ever come. So, I just continued to wait and wait.

About probably half an hour later, the local officers came barreling down the driveway, lights flashing and sirens blaring. I looked with wide eyes, before quickly climbing over and into the driver seat. I quickly followed behind them, and when I got to the cabin, it was in a blaze that somehow I didn't even see or somehow I didn't even smell the smoke. But when I got closer, I parked and quickly got out.

"Elliot!" I cried, and Fin came over to me and stopped me from running towards the house.

"He's over there. Liv. He's okay. Christopher is okay." Fin spoke, as he turned me towards where Elliot was holding Christopher and crying quietly.

"Are they hurt? Are any of you hurt?"

"Dane is dead. He didn't make it out of the fire. A support beam fell on him."

"Oh god. I-i." I didn't finish my sentence because I started to cry.

I quickly moved away from Fin and went running towards my husband and son. I got closer, and Christopher looked at me and started to sob harder.

"Mommy!" He screamed. Elliot sat him on his feet, and he went running towards me. I picked him up as soon as he was close and I hugged him tightly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry for everything. I love you so much. Please believe me."

"He said he was gonna kill me like he killed my other Mommy! I don't want to be with him anymore. Can I still stay with you and Daddy?"

"Of course, Chrissy. You are our son. No matter what."

[*]

Ambulances came and took most of the crew to the hospital. A few had burns and of course they all inhaled smoke. I drove Fin and I's sedan, while a few of the officers drove the other two to the hospital for us. Once there, I sat in the waiting room, and just waited for someone to tell me something.

I gave up on just sitting and waiting, so I went outside and called Cynthia.

"Liv?" She questioned as soon as she answered the call.

"So, Christopher is safe. I'm at the hospital right now because there had been a fire, and almost the whole crew has burned and has inhaled smoke. And Christopher is getting checked out."

"Oh my god. I'm so glad to hear that he's okay! When can you come home? I want to see him!"

"I don't know yet. Would you mind updating Mom and all of the Stablers?"

"Of course. Yeah. I can do that."

We didn't hang up, but both sides of the call were silent.

"Dane said he was going to kill Chrissy. Just like he had killed Chloe."

"Oh my god." Cynthia breathed.

"Yeah. So he's going to need a lot of help over the next several months. I hope that this doesn't scar him, but I'm sure it will."

"Do you want me to come up there? I can sit with you and wait..."

"It's okay, Cy. Thanks for everything. We will be home soon."

[*]

"You might get a scar, but it'll be like the one I have under my eye. It means you were brave, strong, and a survivor." I smiled, as I sat on the chair beside Christopher's ER bed. He had a burn on his cheek, it wasn't horrible but it was gonna leave a scar. One that he was scared of.

"Are you sure, Mommy?" He asked, and I nodded.

"I'm sure, babe! Look, I know that you are scared about what happened, but you are completely safe with me and Daddy."

"I should've been a good boy." He frowned, and I swallowed hard as I ran my fingers through his silky red curls.

"You have been a very good boy. I just hope that your baby brother or sister is as amazing as you." I spoke, and he giggled a bit.

"I know that you will love me and the baby the same. I was just very mad." He frowned.

"I'm glad you know that," I spoke. He leaned back against his pillows and grabbed my hand. He held it to his chest as he started to cry quietly.

"Chri-"

"He's a monster. I don't love him. He hurt my Mommy and then he took me and hurt you and Daddy!"

"Baby, it's okay. You don't need to think about this anymore. Try and get some rest."

"Can you lay with me?"

"Yeah, of course."

[*]

We didn't leave Maine until everyone could go home. I rode in the back of Fin and I's sedan with Chris. He didn't have his car seat, so I just held him. He was extremely exhausted still, but it was normal I guess since it was almost midnight. Fin dropped me off at home, and Brian dropped Elliot off also.

He took Christopher from me as we walked up the path to our house.

"He's sleeping which is great."

"It is. And I'm exhausted and really hungry." I sighed, and Elliot laughed softly as I unlocked the front door.

"You really don't like to listen to me when I tell you to do something, huh?"

"You know I don't follow directions that well. It's never been my strong suit." I whispered. 

I walked in and Elliot laid Christopher on the couch. I shut and locked the door before starting to take my shoes and jacket off.

"I'll make something for us to eat." Elliot yawned, and I nodded.

"Thanks. I'm just gonna take his jacket and shoes off and let him sleep down here before we can head up the bed." I spoke, and Elliot smiled a bit as he looked at me.

"Everything will go smoothly from now on. In almost 5 weeks or so, we will find out what our baby is. And we can go on our vacation if Chris still wants to, and we can start planning our future. Like how John offered me a permanent position at SVU. We wouldn't be able to be partners, but we could work together." Elliot spoke, and I smiled.

"I'd love that. It would be perfect. Now, I'd like to continue talking and all, but I'm hungry. Please go cook."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D