[Chapter One-Hundred-Five]

"Kevin Cooper?" Elliot asked as he and I approached a boy with long brown hair. He looked up at us and sighed.

"And who are you?" He huffed. I could smell weed on him, and sighed.

"Okay, well let's not play all tough. I'm Detective Olivia Benson and if you don't talk to us, I'll search you and probably find some weed on you." I smiled, and he sighed. He shut his laptop, before leaning back in his chair.

"What do you need to talk about?" He questioned.

"Your little brother, Jacob, was kidnapped," Elliot spoke, as we sat down at the table. Kevin sighed as he ran his hands over his face.

"Talk to Jo. I'm sure she can help you." He smirked.

"Do you have an address for her?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Shouldn't you be able to find that, Detective?" He grinned. Elliot stood up and grabbed him by his shirt collar. He pulled him from his chair and slammed him against the wall.

"Give us the address, jackass."

[*]

Elliot and I drove to a rundown apartment building on the lower east side. He and I got out and I looked at the picture of Johanna Cooper that we picked up at the precinct. Elliot sighed.

"She looks like she is a good kid, but I'm assuming that she has Jacob." Elliot frowned.

"Or they are using her as a scapegoat and Pamela and Kevin have him," I spoke. I unclipped the top clip on my gun holster so I could grab it easier, before Elliot and I walked towards the building.

The call box was broken and the front door's lock wasn't even there anymore. We could stick our hands through if we had to.

We ran up about 4 flights of stairs before reaching her apartment. There were heavy metal locks on the doors and the door was metal also. I grabbed my badge and held it up to the peephole before pounding on the door.

"Johanna Cooper, police!" Elliot yelled as I finished hitting the door.

"Uh, she's not here!" A woman's voice yelled before we heard crying. Elliot sighed as he grabbed his gun and stepped back to kick the door in. As the door was slammed open, tons of bullets came flying towards us.

[*]

"Are you stupid?" I yelled, as I cuffed Johanna Cooper. She was screaming profanities at us, as Elliot took a towel from her kitchen and applied pressure to the small wound on his arm. It wasn't serious, but it might need a stitch or two to close up.

"You break down my door and don't expect me to protect myself?!" She yelled back.

I grabbed her arm tightly and spun her around to look at me.

"Where is Jacob?" I growled. I was even more pissed off than before since she shot my husband.

"Why would I know?" She growled back, before she spat at me. I wipe it from my cheek before looking at my husband.

"Are you okay?" I questioned slowly.

"I'm fine. Let's take her in and then we can interrogate her in a place where people can stop you from killing her."

"Killing me?!"

"I'm mean when you try and kill my husband and myself."

[*]

We drove to the hospital first and Elliot got his arm fixed up and then we headed to the precinct. When we got there, John yelled at both of us. We hurried into his room after we put Johanna into a holding cell.

"Why didn't you call for back up?" He huffed. I shrugged as I went to sit down, but he shook his head.

"Answer me, detectives." He ordered.

"We didn't need back up. Elliot wasn't hurt enough for him to be rushed to the hospital and I was able to cuff Johanna before she could reload." I spoke as calmly as I could. I knew he was angrier than usual because we were shot at and he promised to protect me.

"That doesn't matter. Protocol states that you must call backup during a shooting. Plain and simple. And now you both just earned a suspension. Go home."

"John! That's not fair!" I exclaimed.

"I'm your Captain, Olivia. Leave. Both of you. And maybe when you come back in a week, you may still have jobs."

[*]

I absolutely hated to get punished. Being a detective and getting suspended was like getting grounded as a kid. It meant you didn't get to do anything fun, like shooting bad guys and closing cases.

"At least we get to pick up the kids from school for this week." Elliot spoke, as we sat together in our living room. Both of us didn't know what to do, and since our babysitter had been at the park with Meredith, we didn't have a baby to play with and cuddle.

"They'll like that." I whispered.

"Liv-" Elliot tried to speak, but I stood up and left the living room. I walked up the stairs and started to empty the hampers in the kids' rooms. Elliot came up and grabbed my hand before I could open up Mary's bedroom door.

"It's only a suspension." He spoke.

"He made me feel like a child, Elliot. I wish that someone else had gotten the job of being Captain because then maybe I wouldn't get babied so often." I huffed. My husband laughed.

"What?" I spoke a little sharper than intended.

"You sound like a child, babe. But we did go against protocol and we had to be punished."

"What if IAB gets involved? My father warned me about Captain Ed Tucker." I breathed.

"We aren't dirty cops."

"That doesn't mean a thing for them. They talk to cops that break rules for a living. What if we are their next pay check?"

"Are you scared that since we got in trouble, the judge won't let us adopt Mary?"

"Kinda." I breathed. All of our records were up for the court to see. They wanted to make sure we weren't going to be more harmful to the child than foster care.

"Don't be. They let us adopt Chris and they will let us adopt Mary."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Sorry if this is formatted wrong, I'm writing on my iPod at the moment. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! 🤗