[Chapter Eighty-Three]

I took Christopher to school the next morning, very much against his will. He screamed and hit me, but once he was in his classroom, I decided that I needed to talk to his principal to see if anything had been reported in regards to my son. Like maybe he was always acting out here.

"Ah, Mrs. Stabler. You can come in now." Mr. Carlton spoke, and I nodded as I stood up from the lumpy chair in the office. He shut the door behind me once we were in his office, and I sat down in one of the lumpy chairs in front of his desk. 

"So, you'd like to discuss Christopher?"

"Yeah. I was wondering if he has been acting out at all here?"

"He seemed a little upset the other day on the playground."

"Did another student say something to him?"

"No, but there was a man who is our groundskeeper, and he started to talk to your son. Christopher seemed very upset about seeing the man."

"Do you have a picture of him?"

"No, not currently. We are not allowing our students near the fence anymore, but I'm sure it might've just been a word or something that bothered him."

"Well, Mr. Carlton, if you notice anything else, please contact me, alright? Chris acted out last night at home, and he's never acted out as bad as he had yesterday."

"I can do that. I can also have him talk to our counselor. Adoption can be a big deal."

"Alright, thank you."

[*]

I went home and went into Christopher's room, and on his bed was the small suitcase we bought him for when we head to Maine for the weekend. I walked over and unzipped it, and inside of it was a bunch of his clothes and his favorite toys. I quickly started to unpack his bag because I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting ready for Maine several weeks early, but then I found a note at the bottom of the bag.

Christopher,

Thank you so much for seeing me at your school the other day. Don't tell your adoptive parents about me, but I swear, son, that I'll be ready to take you soon. I'm sorry about what I did to your Mommy, but you and I are good. You and I can be happy, and since they think I'm someone else in jail, I'm free to spend time with you. How about we go to Disney or The Grand Canyon? You name it, and we will go. I love you, Christopher.

Daddy

My heart started to beat out of my chest, and I quickly stumbled out of his bedroom, before going into my bedroom. I grabbed one of the house phones before dialing Elliot's number.

I started to pace the room, as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Det-"

"Elliot, Christopher's bio father somehow got out of prison and is planning on taking Chris."

"What? Liv?"

"I found a note from him in a suitcase in his room. El, something is happening! Please help me."

"Okay, okay. I'll be home soon. I'm going to see if someone can go over and get Chris from school."

"What if he already has him?!" I sobbed.

"No one has him. He's our kid, and I'd rather die before letting our son get harmed."

[*]

I just felt really sick to my stomach as I waited for Elliot to get home. I was hoping that he'd show up with Christopher and we'd find out that this wasn't really happening, but it was happening and it pissed me off.

"Okay, there are a few officers in street clothes at Christopher's school." 

"Here is the note." I breathed, and Elliot took the note from me and sighed as he sat down beside me.

"How the fuck does this happen? Dane has a huge scar on his face from when Chloe tried to fight back."

"I don't know, Elliot. But Christopher doesn't want to be with us anymore. He doesn't love us anymore. He called me Livia again last night. He called you Elliot. Babe, he doesn't want us to be his parents anymore!"

"Well, he's gotta know that we are the only parents he will have because Dane is not the right man to raise Chris. He can't make him into the man he is meant to be."

"What if he gets our kid?"

"He won't."

"But what if he does?"

"He won't!" Elliot yelled.

I stood up and ran my fingers through my hair, before sprinting towards the bathroom. I got sick, and Elliot came in and held my hair back as he sighed.

"I'm sorry, Liv. I know you are scared and overwhelmed, but Christopher is our son. We love him. Legally, he is all ours."

"But the law can't stop him. If he wants to do something he'll do it. Chloe is a prime example of it."

[*]

Elliot and I waited outside of Christopher's school at the end of the day, and we both searched the crowd of kids as they raced towards their parents. But in the ocean of kids, I didn't see my son's bright red hair.

"Elliot let's go in and see if he's in there."

"Okay, you go in. I'll wait out here just in case."

I dodged kids and made it into the school. I headed down the hall and to Christopher's room, but when I got there, his teacher was cleaning up.

"Mrs. Stabler! Did Christopher forget something?" She asked, and I shook my head.

"I don't know. Uh, do you know where he is?"

"He left with his uncle about an hour ago."

"H-his uncle?" I questioned, as tears welled in my eyes.

"Yeah, he had a scar on his face. I'm assuming you sent him, right?"

"No, we always send a note when Christopher is getting picked up by someone different."

"Oh god. I'll call the police."

[*]

Elliot wouldn't let me go and search for Christopher and Dane, so I stayed at home with Bernie and Cynthia as we waited for any news. I was numb and just couldn't stop thinking about what could be happening to my son right now.

"Has the baby started to move yet?" Bernie asked, and I looked up at her.

"What?"

"Well, you have been touching your stomach since you sat down. I was just wondering."

"N-no. Nothing yet." I breathed, before going back to staring off into space.

We all sat in silence and no one called us that night. Maybe I'd never see my son again.

Hey guys! So that's why Chris was being so mean. Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D