[Chapter Eight]

I asked my parents to get me after Elliot's basketball practice, because before hand I was helping him study for a history test he bombed and needed to retake. It was easier to ride home with them instead of going home with Elliot and his parents, because I knew they were going to discuss what I had said to them, either with or without Elliot.

"So did you manage to teach Elliot anything?" My father teased, as he headed towards a restaurant for our dinner.

"It's hard to teach Elliot everything, because he gets so distracted. Either because he wants to tease me or because he starts to fall asleep." I replied, and my parents chuckled at my statement.

I turned and looked out the window as my parents quietly started to talk, and as we came to a stop light, the Stabler van pulled up next to us. Elliot rolled down his window quickly, when he noticed my mother in the front seat.

I rolled down mine and gave him a small smile, but I saw the anger on his face.

"Why did you tell them about my issues? That I've been crying and punching things?" He yelled over the sound of the traffic. I swallowed hard and rolled my window back up, because I didn't have a response that he'd accept.

He was angry at me, and there was no changing that. I just wanted him to get help before something worse happens, and he could hurt himself more than he intends.

[*]

After dinner, my parents took me home before leaving to get grocery shopping down for the week, so we wouldn't have to go in tomorrow to shop.

As I was sitting at the counter, working on homework, the landline rang and I quickly stood and grabbed it.

"Cragen residence, Olivia speaking." I answered in the way my parents trained me to.

"You just ignored me. You rolled up your damn window and ignored me." Elliot spat, not even greeting me.

"Elliot, I'm so sorry! I just want to make sure you are okay, and I know you aren't! You could get help!" I exclaimed.

"I don't need help, Olivia. I'm not like you. I don't need to talk about my feelings. So just leave me alone so I can do my homework." He huffed, and I frowned.

"You called me for one. And for another, I had to talk about my feelings. How else do you think I have been allowed to be happy? If I hadn't talked to someone, my feelings about my mother would've taken over. I wouldn't be able to be your friend, and I wouldn't be able to love my parents and be a good daughter to them. Are you going to be able to be a good friend and son? Because if not, then go and talk to someone and leave me alone. I was just minding my own business and working on homework, something you've never did in your freaking life!" I exclaimed, yelling the last part into the phone because he makes me so mad.

I never did know why I continue to be his friend. He makes me angry, but I always go right back to him. I apologize, and he apologizes. Then we are back to being Olivia and Elliot, partners in crime.

[*]

As a church going family, my parents always either had a family over after church to have lunch with us, or we always went somewhere else for lunch. Of course today the Stablers invited us over for lunch, and my parents didn't know what happened with Elliot and me, so they gratefully accepted the invitation.

"Do you want to go and ask Elliot if he wants to ride with us?" My father asked, as we stood and waited for my mother to stop talking with a bunch of the other moms that she's friends with.

"Nah. I'll see him there." I replied, as my father wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Liv, something happened. Wanna talk about it?" He asked, and I looked up at him and tried to look as convincing as possible when I spoke.

"Everything is fine, Dad. Nothing happened. I promise." I spoke, but as I added the promise part, he knew it was one big fat lie. I didn't really promise a lot, and when it was just something about my emotions or if something did or did not happen, I never promised. So there is where I screwed up.

"Bean, don't lie. Tell me." He urged, as he walked me over to one of the dark green couches in the entrance of the church. We sat down before I spoke.

"Elliot is taking Owen's death really hard, and I told his parents about what I saw. They told him and he yelled at me and got all angry. So that is what's bothering me." I spoke, and he frowned.

"Every other week you and that boy are fighting about something." My father sighed, as he leaned back and unbuttoned his suit jacket.

"I don't know why we fight all the time..." I frowned, as I leaned back too, and I leaned my head against his arm.

"Just talk to him. Explain how you feel, he'll yell at you, and then you'll both apologize, okay?" He spoke, and I nodded.

"Maybe this will be out last fight..." I trailed off, and my father laughed.

"Yeah right, Liv. You two will be fighting till the day you die."

[*]

Elliot went up to his room as soon as breakfast was over, so I followed him up after I helped clean up after lunch. I didn't even bother knocking on his door, because I wasn't going to give him a chance to tell me to go away. He was going to talk to me, whether he wanted to or not.

"You are so nosy, Jason!" Elliot yelled, as he grabbed a book and threw it at the door. I caught it, surprisingly, and I looked at Elliot.

"I'm not your older brother, dipwad." I sighed, and Elliot groaned as he buried his face in his pillow.

"I don't wanna talk, Olivia." He mumbled, and I sighed.

"I could care less. We aren't ending our friendship over this. So I'm sorry for telling your parents, I was just worried and wanted to make sure you would get help if you needed it. Now this is the time you yell at me." I spoke, and he stood up and walked towards me.

"My feelings are none of your business. I'm not your boyfriend." He huffed, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I know that. But when we became friends, you should've realized that I care a lot about everyone around me. And damn it, I told you that I love you! I never tell someone that. And you love me too, you big dumb idiot!" I yelled, as this weird passion filled my body.

I don't know why I'm so passionate about what I was saying, but it was really weird.

Elliot looked at me, and sighed.

"Are we good?" He asked, and I looked down at my hands, which I had balled into fists, and I looked at him.

I didn't speak, and what I did next was something I never thought I'd do. 

I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around his neck before giving him a kiss, and this time it counted.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D