[Chapter Eighty-Six]

The reason why John had offered Elliot a position at SVU was that Monique was leaving. She had gotten into some trouble which none of us found out about until the day she left. It would've made more sense for her to stay until I could be back in action because then Fin wouldn't have to be traded between Elliot and Brian.

But, knowing that Fin had people to work with let me stay home and help Christopher through the process of recovering from what had happened.

"Momma." Christopher whimpered loudly one night. I climbed out of bed and walked out of my bedroom and towards his room. He has been waking up once an hour every night. It gets exhausting because Elliot works a lot and I feel bad asking him to go deal with Christopher and his nightmares. So I have to haul my swollen body out of bed and try to figure out how to deal with the newest nightmare.

"Okay, baby. I'm here." I spoke, and he sniffled as he reached his arms out to me. I walked over to his bed and sank down onto the edge of it. I leaned against the wall and caressed his hair as he cuddled close to me.

"I can't fall back asleep." He whimpered, and I nodded slowly.

"Okay. I'll stay in here with you until you can fall back asleep."

"Can't I just lay with you and Daddy?" He asked, and I sighed softly.

"Daddy is extremely tired. He loves you and all, but you tend to kick us in your sleep."

"Okay. Lay with me." He spoke, as he looked up at me with his bright green eyes. I sank down beside him, and he laid his head against my shoulder, while he tried to wrap his arms around my body as much as he could.

"He is never coming back, right?" Christopher questioned, and I yawned loudly before answering him.

"Nope. He can't get you anymore, baby. Close your eyes."

Christopher continued to talk about random things, while I started to fall asleep. But it was only once I was actually asleep that Chris started to scream and his arms and legs were kicking and punching away.

[*]

"He's not ready to go back." I frowned, as I sat at our dining table. Elliot was drinking coffee and I was attempting to drink tea but my husband made it and it was very weak. It was as if just dunk the tea in, pulled it out and then tossed the bag away. Like it didn't seep at all.

"He's going to be very behind, Liv," Elliot spoke, and I nodded.

"I know. But he may need to be moved to a new school. I think having to go back to the place where his father took him will make things worse."

"I fucking hate Dane for what he did." Elliot huffed and I nodded.

"But let's try and be happy. Let's try and think about finding out what the baby is, and going to your parents' cabin."

"Oh, my parents found a different way to get to their cabin. So we don't have to go past the other cabin." Elliot spoke, and I nodded.

"Good." I sighed, before standing and taking my cup with me. I walked over and dumped the tea out before sitting the cup by the sink.

"You have a bruise on your collarbone," Elliot spoke, and I turned around and nodded.

"Yup."

"How'd you get that?"

"I got it from Christopher. I had to just hold him in my arms as tightly as possible until he woke up and started to cry."

"Geez. I want this to be all over."

[*]

Elliot went to work for the morning, and then at lunchtime, he came and got Christopher and me from the barber's shop where Christopher got his haircut. We drove to my doctor's office and all went in to find out what the baby was going to be.

"What do you want?" Elliot whispered to Christopher as I filled out paperwork.

"A brother." He replied, as he swung his legs and looked at the book we brought him.

"Yeah, I think another son would be great. But then again, I've gotten pretty lucky with you." Elliot smiled, and Christopher giggled a bit before handing Elliot his book.

"Momma, what about you?" Christopher asked, and I sighed a bit.

"I don't care. I just know that if we don't find out now, your father is going to go crazy." I smiled.

"Olivia Stabler." A nurse called, and I stood up and motioned for my husband and son to follow. I gave the nurse my paperwork and she read through it as she led me to a room. I was just here to make sure the baby looked okay, not the usual examination appointment.

"So, who do we have here today?" She asked.

"Well, my husband and my son. They both wanted to find out from the doctor and not from me."

"Okay, well you know the drill. Just sit here and wait. When the doctor comes in, she'll check the position of the baby and then go right into finding the gender."

"Alright."

[*]

Christopher held on proudly to the sonogram picture as we headed to Maine the next morning. He was so excited to tell everyone that he was getting a little sister. At first, he was a little disappointed, but then he brought up that he would be able to protect her and make sure no one hurts her like he has been hurt.

"Maybe this will help him heal," I whispered as I held onto Elliot's hand.

"Hopefully. He'll be distracted." Elliot smiled, as he turned into the cabin's driveway. As we got closer, we saw Louisa waiting outside for us.

"Can I tell Auntie Lou first?" Chris asked, and I shrugged. 

"Don't you want to tell everyone at once?" I asked, and he nodded as I looked back at him.

"Yeah. I really do. So Daddy, speed up!"

[*]

Everyone was very excited about us having a baby girl. Well, everyone but Josie and Bobby. But eventually they said they'd be able to be happy, but right now they can't. But it was great to finally know and start planning. It was great to know that Christopher can't be taken again.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D