91. Billie Joe Armstrong

The energy in the room was electrifying as everyone jumped up and down in time to the music. Everyone on stage was feeling the energy too, they shared looks every now and again and this was the same look that they shared most nights on the stage; a look that said 'This is amazing' and 'We are the luckiest guys in the world'.

Billie Joe stood front and centre stage, gripping his guitar and strumming it vigorously to create a sound that echoed around the room and that would ring in the ears of those in the crowd, and the band themselves, for hours after the show. They were to play most nights for the next upcoming months in order to promote their new album 'Dookie' but more importantly, to do what they loved most; perform.

"I heard you crying loud. All the way across town. You've been searching for that someone and it's me out on the prowl. As you sit around feeling sorry for yourself. Well, don't get lonely now, and dry your whining eyes. I'm just roaming for the moment, sleazin' my back yard so don't get, so uptight you been thinking about ditching me."

Billie Joe felt the energy surging through his body mixing with excitement as the crowd sang along to the words. Never in a million years did he think, that the songs that he would write in his bedroom would one day be heard by millions around the world, let alone that they would sing them back to him. He truly was one of the luckiest guys in the world. He was even luckier that Mike and Tré  his best friends, including his own brother would be beside him through it all.

"Well, I heard it all before, so don't knock down my door. I'm a loser and a user so I don't need no accuser, to try and slag me down because I know you're right. So go do what you like, make sure you do it wise. You may find out that your self-doubt means nothing was ever there. You can't go forcing something if it's just not right."

Billie Joe couldn't help but notice a girl in the crowd. Of course, there were others but this one girl stood out amongst all of the others. Her hair was dyed and she wore ripped jeans. One hand was raised in the air, showing the the wristband that she was given in order to get in the venue, was tied around it. She sung along to every word and yet, despite there being thousands of others in this venue, he could hear her more clearly than all of the others. He smiled at her as he sung the lyrics and when she noticed him, he winked, and she didn't give up singing; she just bit her lip during the musical interval.

"No time to search the world around, 'Cause you know where, I'll be found. When I come around." He could barely hear himself sing now, the crowd was that loud. "No time to search the world around, 'Cause you know where, I'll be found. When I come around."

When the song finished, the crowd cheered but Billie kept his eyes on the girl, even as everyone piled out of the room. He watched her leave as he was forced backstage with the rest of his band members. She may have been gone but he couldn't stop thinking about her. When everything was quiet out near the stage, he went back to pack up his guitars as they were getting ready to move to the next venue.

He heard footsteps behind him. He turned around to see who it was, thinking that it was one of his band mates but his face lit up when he realised it wasn't. It was the girl from the crowd.

"Great show." She smiled. "Really great."

______________________

*A/n* 

I am aware that there is A LOT of Billie imagines at the minute. 

I am working on more Mike and Tre ones but I am just publishing what I already have already written because these last few weeks have been really hectic both with college and in my personal life; a lot of stuff is going on but I'm finishing for summer next week (thank god) and then I'll have plenty of time to write. 

In the meant time, if you have any requests, Mike, Tre, or even Billie, please do not hesitate to request them as I LOVE writing them!

So please, no hate if you're getting sick of the Billie imagines; I am trying. 

Thank you for understanding. I love you all and I hope that everything is going okay for you. (DM me if you need a chat x)

Also, new Green Day music is coming next week! I'm so bloody excited!