36. Mike Dirnt

I was walking through the streets of my hometown in the suburbs of Oakland. I loved my home so much and it was filled with the most dedicated and loyal fans you could ever imagine. 

I was minding my own business whilst humming the bass line to Longview because let's admit that's it a freaking awesome bass line, even if I do say so myself.  At that moment, a young woman walked into me. 

She apologized and carried on walking but I noticed that she was crying. I stopped her

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned as suddenly she recognized me. 

"Oh my god! Mike Dirnt. I'm crying in front of Mike Dirnt! My hero!" She screamed as she gripped at her hair. 

"Hey!" I stopped her from ripping out her hair. "What's wrong?"

"Did you hear about that massive car crash? Right in the center of the Suburbs?"

"I did." It was horrific to see on the news. 

"It was my parents in it and I miss them so much!" She cried as I pulled her into a hug and let her cry on my shoulder. 

"Are you a fan of my band?"

She nodded. "Huge." 

"I'm on my way to band practice, We can play you a song if you like?" 

She nodded enthusiastically. "Would that be okay?" 

"Anything for a fan!" I say smiling. 

"We'll even play a song for your parents at our show tomorrow night." 

"Thank you." She said as we began walking down the street. 

"What's your name?" I ask, wanting to get to know my new friend and our huge fan. 

"(Y/n)." She said, sweetly.