94. Billie Joe Armstrong

You were awoken by your son (Y/S/n), who was jumping up and down on your's and Billie's bed. "It's my birthday! It's my birthday! Get up, come on, it's my birthday." He shouted, before jumping off of the bed and running around the room, before running around the rest of the house. You had been asleep in Billie's arms, so he kissed you when he came around. "I think it's his birthday." He said, making you laugh as you sat up in bed. "Do you know what, I think you might be right." The two of you got out of bed as (Y/S/n) ran back in; "Come on! Come on!" He grabbed Billie's hand. "I'll get (Y/D/n)." You smiled as Billie was dragged down the stairs by (Y/S/n). You walked into the room next to your's and Billie's to see your daughter, standing up in her crib. She was just getting used to her new room as you had just moved her out of yours. She held out her arms to you, smiling. "Morning gorgeous." You said to her as you picked her up and took her downstairs with you. 

(Y/S/n) was already waiting eagerly by his presents and cards. You grabbed a bottle for (Y/D/n) and sat next to Billie on the sofa and watched (Y/S/n) as he opened his presents whilst you fed (Y/D/n). 

"Dad! Come and play with me." (Y/S/n) said as Billie got down on the floor with him. You smiled as you watched them play together. Billie was truly the best father a child could ask for. 

Later that day, family and friends came over and (Y/S/n) had a small party. Mike, Brittany, Tré and Sara came. As well as Ollie, Billie's mother and your mother. The whole thing was a big celebration and (Y/S/n) loved that all of the attention was on him for the day and went around showing everyone what he had got for his birthday. He especially loved it when everyone sang happy birthday to him. Every time someone got the camera out, he began posing with his presents, making everyone laugh. 

At the end of the day, when everyone went home, (Y/S/n) cried. "What's the matter?" Billie asked, crouching at eye level and removing a strand of hair from his face, you stood beside them, bouncing (Y/D/n) on your hip. "Everyone's leaving." He said, wiping his eyes. 

"It's okay." Billie said. "You'll see them again, they aren't going forever."  (Y/S/n) gave a small nod and sniffled. "When will I see them again?"

"Oh, I'm not sure." Billie admitted, looking at you and (Y/D/n). "It'll be (Y/D/n) birthday soon, so people will come back then. Besides, you see Uncle Mike and Tré all of the time." (Y/S/n) nodded again as Billie pulled him into a hug. You couldn't help but look at them and smile. 

Eventually, (Y/D/n) was ready to be put to bed and so was (Y/S/n). "Thank you for a great birthday." He muttered as his head hit the pillow. 

"It's okay. Night (Y/S/n)." You said as you tucked him in and left the room, Billie was stood in the doorway, smiling. "What?" You asked him. 

"You're a wonderful mother." He told you. 

"You're a wonderful father." You replied, as he pulled you into a kiss before you too headed to bed after the long day that you had had.