42. Mike Dirnt

(AN: VIDEO - GREEN DAY BEING INDUCTED INTO THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME (FULL VIDEO) RECOMMENDED IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!)

(Y/n)'s P.O.V: 

Mike held me hand as we waited along with the crowd for Green Day's to be called out. Tonight they were being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Mike and the rest of the members were nervous. Everyone was here, sat around the table. Billie, Adrienne, Joey, Jakob, Billie's Mum Ollie, Tré, Sara and his Children, me, Mike and our Daughter Estelle. Our other two children were at home. 

The whole crowd every now and again kept chanting 'GREEN DAY! GREEN DAY! GREEN DAY!' 

"I'm so proud of you." I said, holding Mike's hand. He kissed me. "Oh god!" He said, "Why am I so nervous?" He asked, rubbing his hands on his trousers to dry them. "Don't be nervous." I smiled as the room darkened and Green Day appeared on the screen. The crowd screamed as Billie began talking on the screen. I held Mike's hand tightly as I watched him, mesmerized by the screen. He sighed at the end of the clip and then watched Fall Out Boy walk on stage and be greeted by the audience. 

Patrick Stump began talking about Dookie and how he tried so hard to be Billie. The whole crowd laughed as he mentioned relateable points about the band. "Mike Dirnt!" He shouted as the whole crowd began cheering, I squeezed his hand as he didn't take his eyes off of stage. "When Mike Dirnt's bass lines came on the radio, you knew who you were listening too. That's pretty fucking incredible." The crowd cheered as Mike laughed, squeezing my handed. 

"Finally." Continued Patrick, "Tré Cool." The crowd erupted in cheer again. "Your drummer is name Tré-fucking-Cool!" Tré sat nodding his head and everyone laughed. 

Patrick and Pete swapped places. "It's our honor to induct Green Day into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!" 

21 Guns started playing as the band stood up and hugged their families. Mike kissed Estelle and then me. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." I said, watching him walk onto the stage to accept his award with Billie and Tré.