• 68 •

The front door closed.

"You're home? You said you couldn't make it back for dinner so i cooked for myself", Jimin was just carrying the dishes seeing Jungkook just stood by the door.

"I'll fix you something if you're hungry", Jimin paused and his eyes trailed the taller who then sat on the couch.

"Kookie?"

He sensed something was wrong. So he chased to him and held his face up in his tiny hands. The face he's looking at was all teary and he panicked just looking at it.

"Kookie what happened? Are you hurt anywhere?", but Jungkook remained silent.

Jimin shook him a few times and still nothing. He then began unbuttoning Jungkook's shirt to see if he was hiding a wound somewhere.

After two buttons, Jungkook stopped him by grabbing him at the wrist. He held it tight but not to hurt the smaller.

"She cried..", he whispered.

"What?", Jimin didn't hear clearly.

"She cried and left, a-and she cried again after she left. My feet were just..numb..", he said not blinking.

"You mean Jieun? What happened just now?"

"My feet were so numb i couldn't go after her. I felt so bad i had to crush her heart like that..", Jungkook then looked at Jimin who was quiet.

Jimin finally understood but loss at words too. He held Jungkook's head and hugged him to his chest level as he was standing.

"It's my fault too kookie.. you don't have to go through this alone", Jimin calmed him down.

"No it's not. I shook her hand in the first place. I brought her to our house. I stroked her head when she was actually happy.. i even smiled when she said goodbye"

"Kookie—"

"I should've told her about us earlier. I'm so heartless. She likes me so much and she knows i can't even do anything about it"

"Kookie enough", Jimin held his face to stare at him in the eyes, "She knows so she won't put her hopes in you anymore. She knows you can't like her back and that means she's accepting it", Jimin shook him a little more trying to make him get a grip, "do you understand?".

Jungkook stared at Jimin though his mind was empty. He felt like he just came back from stabbing someone right on the front with his own hands.

He felt as though the blood was still stained on his hands and shirt. He never wished to kill anyone that vulgar.

"You have me now. And i have you", Jimin's voice echoed in his empty head.

"We have each other now?", Jungkook asked without realising his own situation at the moment as though he just lost his whole memory.

What's left was the male infront of him.

"Yes we have each other now okay?", Jimin hugged his head again and dropped a tear when he felt hands wrapped around his waist.

...

The next morning.

Jungkook woke up. He hissed feeling his head was slightly heavy. He sat up straight and a folded damp cloth fell off from his forehead.

He turned to see a basin of water on the night stand, some meds and pills. And mostly, a sleeping Jimin by the side on chair, landing his head on the bed.

He observed the smaller seemingly exhausted. He let his hand travel underneath Jimin's fringes caressing his head and unintentionally he woke him up.