Delusion

Gift for DarkSkele. Hope you enjoy!
_________________________________________

Being the hatchling of Nadir and Delusion meant that you had to be close to any villager 24/7, kept an eye on when your parents were absent.

You're small and defenseless figure curled up into the softness of your blanket. Being only a week old, your eyes were closed.

Only few lamia hatchlings hatched with their eyes closed, causing them to be even more vulnerable. A lamia hatchling with their eyes closed was extremely rare, being a 0.0001 out of 6000 chance of it ever happening. Infact, it was so rare that only two out of the hatchlings, that hatched with closed eyes, survived.

You heard the sound of paws against wood, flicking your tongue to taste the air and immediately froze. It wasn't anyone you recognized. It was far more hostile and had a hint of hunger." Come out little lamia~" The voice held insanity, unlike anything you have ever heard before." I promise I don't bite~" The hunger in his voice said otherwise. " I'm just... looking for something to..." Judging by the voice, it was definitely male," hold my hunger." His voice was right next to your room.

" Boo." You squeaked and felt paws hold you in place, the large and furry things had a firm grip on your figure." You are so weak! No wonder ---- kept on h-" The weight of the paw was removed and the hissing of a lamia could be heard.

" Who are you to think to prey on my hatchling?" You recognized that voice." Na-" The fear in his voice was pleasing, like something being squished or crushed between your fingers." You deserve a punishment ~" His voice was almost hypnotic.

" Y/n, follow my voice..." Your other parent whispered, concern evident in his words.

You turned around and slithered towards the source of your other parent's voice, occasionally bumping into some furniture.

You could hear your father slithering closer to your attacker, hearing him hiss silently." Y/n?! Are you alright?!" Came your dad's voice. You could feel his worried eyelights trained on your small figure." Yes..." You felt his phalanges wrap around you in a protective way." Thank Asgore..." He said under his breath, the warm air contacting your figure.

-x-

Delusion watched as Nadir coiled around Y/n's attacker, anger evident behind his eyelight." Hmmm~ What punishment to give you?" Delusion brought his attention back to his hatchling in his hold. He was contempelating whether or not he should take them somewhere or to just swallow them.

Taking in on the situation around him, he opened his jaws and stuffed the hatchling in his maw, earning a surprised squeak from his hatchling.

-x-

Nadir glared at the wolf, seeing how Delusion started consuming their hatchling in the corner of his eyesocket." I wonder how my villagers will react when they hear about someone attacking my hatchling?" His face paled, giving Nadir the fear he wanted." Maybe I won't be that harsh~" Oh, he was going to be harsh with his punishment.

-x-

Delusion swallowed, his esophagus muscles pulling his hatchling in his throat. They were probably terrified of what was happening because they squirmed weakly against his throat muscles.

On the outside, it looked like he didn't care about his his hatchling. But on inside, he cared about his terrified hatchling.

-x-

Y/n was about to let out a terrified scream, until they heard purring around them, a sound to reassure them that they were in no danger.

It was... calming, to say the least. Y/n calmed down while getting pulled deeper into Delusion's esophagus, the purring continuing.

-x-

Nadir opened his maw, bearing his fangs at the intruder." Or, I could feed you to Dispatch~ I'm sure he'll enjoy your flavour~" The monster paled even more- if possible." I-I d-didn't kn-"" Silence you disgrace of wolf!" Nadir yelled, fangs still beared while his shoulder blades tensed." You really thought that you could try and devour my hatchling?" He saw Delusion swallow their hatchling out of th corner of his eyesocket.

-x-

The doors burst open, revealing Dispatch; Canis; Vedette and Assasin standing there in all their glory." Perfect timing." Nadir muttered." We heard that was an intruder and-" Assassin stopped mid-sentence, attention directed to the wolf in Nadir's coils.

" Just who I was looking for!" Nadir clasped his palms together." I was wondering if you wanted a new new 'toys?" Assassin grinned evilly, aswell as Dispatch; Canis and Vedette." Oh, we'd be honored~" Vedette purred.

Nadir released the wolf and allowed the four memebers of his tribe to drag him away from his hut." Such a dumb wolf. Thinking he could devour our hatchling." Nadir chuckled before glancing in Delusion's direction." I saw what you did, dear~" He purred, causing the other to blush in a yellow hue, which glowed.

He slithered closer to Delusion." Never thought that you would do that to our hatchling..." Nadir murmured, eyelight watching Delusion's hand rubbing the back of his neck, sweat forming on his skull." Or could it be that your parental instincts kicked in?" Delusion shyly nodded, still not saying a word." No need to be shy~" He purred again, Delusion's skull glowing brighter." You and I both know that I also swallowed them, when they first came into the world, my instincts kicked in." Nadir leaned closer.

-x-

Y/n squirmed in the fleshy chamber, trying to get comfortable in their new environment. They heard what their parents said, although the fake flesh muffled the words.

They couldn't help but yawn, the muffled talking stopped." Sleep well, our little hatchling." Nadir's muffled voice spoke, love and warmth laced in his dark yet, gentle voice. The fleshy walls cradled them, as if to give them a sort of hug.

Their breathing slowed, ribcage moving up and down like an actual human. With that, they were in a blissful slumber while their parents continued their day, knowing that their hatchling was safe from any danger.

The End