•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 192 🥀

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, February 17th 1992

It was a week since I found out about what the band had done to Vince, and just over a week since the decision was made and since then, things between Nikki and I had been fine, for the most part.

Nikki had made a call to the singer who Tommy had in mind to replace Vince already, John Corbai and the guys actually had a meet up with him the day before last and he was now part of the band just like that. I was surprised that it was sorted so quickly but John was really enthusiastic about joining actually and had apparently clicked with Tommy pretty quick over similar ideas over music.

I hadn't met him yet, Nikki said he was really nice and I'm sure he was but I wasn't ready to meet Vin's replacement yet. I needed more time for the idea to sit better with me better.

The public now also knew Vince was out of the band and it was massive news within the music community, everyone wanted to know what happened and everyone was confused as fuck as to what went wrong because everything seemed to have gone to shit out of nowhere... if only they knew how inevitable this had become over the last couple of years.

Vince told me he'd actually been contacted by Doug, despite the fact he was no longer in the band it was more complicated than that and legally right now he technically still was in the band. There are many issues still to be solved, and Vince might be forced to sue the band or Nikki himself but Vin doesn't want that and wants to sort this amicably and I'm sure I could get Nik to do the same if he won't do it willingly.

Anyway, Doug rang him and said that many people had reached out to him, not knowing right now how else to contact Vince asking for interviews explaining what had happened and what's next for him. Vince had already agreed to a couple over the next couple of months and it was hard to watch happen.

Vince was a little overwhelmed at everything going on, being thrust into a world on his own after being part of a band for so long was scary and I knew he was scared but he has me and I'd offer him as much advice and support as I could do to help him get through this and get himself on his feet.

Fans of the band seemed fully supportive of Vince and it was Nikki and the band who were getting most of the backlash, as I expected really. Even-though it was only a week after the firing and the full story hadn't emerged yet, fans were still taking sides and seems as the meeting with John Corabi has already been leaked out to the public because of the band being followed everywhere by paps right now, fans were angry at Nikki and the others that they'd already replaced Vince.

I'm with Vince today actually, it was Vince's few days with Skylar and I'd managed to let Nikki allow me to spend the day with Vince and being allowed to take Blaze with me to see them. It wasn't as hard as I imagined it being, Nik wasn't happy but also knew he couldn't stop me and let me do as I pleased.

This is our first time hanging out in person since the firing and we were spending the day at Santa Monica beach, the usual spot for day trips it seems, it was close so it was easy to get here and back. It's a perfect place for a day out, especially with kids.

It was nice to have a proper catch up with Sharise, I hadn't seen her in a while actually and we got along like a house on fire and we nattered for what felt like hours, meaning we did kinda ditch Vince with the kids but he didn't seem to mind all that much. He was a great dad and a great godfather and uncle to Blaze.