•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 221 🥀

•🌹•   

Y/N's POV, June 16th 1995

Today wasn't shaping out the way I expected it too, but the last week hadn't either. Before I get into today, I had to mention Skylar and the news that the chemotherapy hadn't been effective and the cancer is no longer treatable, there's nothing that can be done for her... she's got weeks, months maximum.

It was half expected but still a shock for everyone and it had put a lot of stress onto me because of Vince. He hasn't shut himself off from me per-say but he has stopped calling me regularly and because Nikki won't let me go drive to visit him I didn't really know if he was okay, well... he wasn't okay but I wanted to make sure he could be as okay as he could be right now.

I'd rang Sharise every other day for the last week and we've just spoken which is what she wanted, she just wanted to talk about anything other than the fact her daughter was going to die.

I hadn't been in the right mind since finding out with Vin and Sharise about Skylar but I had to carry on and not let it get to me because they'd need me, Vince more than anyone.

My plan today had been to ask Nikki to drop me at Vince's house just so I could see if he was okay but the further today went on the less that was on the cards. I was eight months into my pregnancy now but today, namely the last hour or so I've just had a slight uncomfortable feeling, it was a mix of just a feeling of knowing something bad was going to happen along with just a specific spot inside my abdomen that just felt uncomfortable, it wasn't the baby, not directly. I'm not sure what it was but it didn't feel right to me. I hadn't felt this before with Blazer or Nico, it was new and new was scary.

I'd cooked breakfast for Nikki, Blaze and Nico aswell as myself this morning and then we'd sat and watched some TV and I'd gone to shower and it was then I started to get that bad feeling. As I finished in the bathroom and got dressed into some actual clothes Nikki came upstairs, asking me if I was still wanting to go to Vince's place but this was when I told him I didn't feel like it because something felt off with me.

Of course, this made Nikki kinda freak out I told him I was fine but I didn't feel right and couldn't put my finger on what it was. I just sat myself on the edge of the bed and Nikki was now just pacing thinking what the hell we should do, I was watching him slightly amused because it wasn't a hard thing to figure out, other than a little discomfort I was fine "Would you quit pacing? Honestly, you're not trying I figure out the true existence of the universe, sit your ass down."

"What are we meant to do? Cause something's wrong with you. Do you wanna go to the hospital?"

"I don't know, it's not pain but it's just uncomfortable... it's hard to explain, it feels strange... different. I just-... I don't know but it's not bad enough to worry anyone with it. I shouldn't have said anything, it's probably nothing."

"No, you were right to tell me, you didn't tell me stuff like this in '83 and look where that got us. You did the right thing, I'd rather worry about you and know than think everything's okay and risk you because you're not worth that risk to me."

"It could be nothing, Nikki Bear."

"But it could be something... couldn't it?"

"Yes... but we can't jump to conclusions."

"Maybe jumping to conclusions is the right thing in this situation... what if something's wrong with the baby? What if that risks you? I can't lose you, you know I can't."