•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 277 🥀

•🌹•   

Y/N's POV, January 2nd 2006

Me and the kids had been back with Nikki now for a day and a half and in that day and a half little had happened, kids were back at school today so it was just me and Nikki in the house and after spending yesterday saying as little as possible to each other, it was awful being alone together.

Because we'd put off talking yesterday though I knew we couldn't put it off any longer, we had to talk today but I wanted Nikki to take that first step, this was his mess he has to work for it, he has to start the conversation, that proves he wants this to be repaired, saying it means nothing, he's got to prove it with actions, not words.

I wasn't sure what he was going to do, if anything but I didn't want anything extravagant necessarily all I wanted was for him to just do something, anything that told me he'll never do this to me again and if he ever wants to leave me, he'll tell me because I'd rather that than have him feel like he had to go behind my back.

For the last hour or so since I dropped the kids at school, I'd been reading upstairs in the guest bedroom while Nikki was downstairs, watching TV, then I got bored of reading and went downstairs, Nikki said nothing to me, we looked at one another but that was about it. I walked past him and went out into the back yard where I sat down at the table we had out here and just enjoyed the fresh air.

It was suffocating inside that house right now, it was just so tense with unspoken words and unresolved problems.

I wanted things to be exactly how they were before all this shit happened but Nikki needs to make me believe that he loves me again.

I'm not sure how much time ended up passing with me both enjoying being in fresh air and being lost in my own thoughts and memories but it was long enough.

Eventually, I had to focus back on the world around me when Nikki sat down at the table opposite me.

I didn't look at him, I just kept my eyes fixed on the table, then I saw Nik reach into a pocket on his pants and pull something out and placed it down in my eye line and I saw what he'd placed.

It was my wedding ring.

I kept my eyes on it, feeling a mix of different emotions and Nikki pushed it across the table so it was right in-front of me but I continued to sit there and looked at it not saying anything, so Nikki spoke up instead.

"We need to talk."

"So talk." I replied matter of factly.

The bassist sighed "I know you're still pissed off at me, I hate myself too... but I love you, I've always loved you and there is no fucking woman on this planet that can mean more to me than you... you said to give this back to you when I can live up to the vows I swore to you and now I can, I'll never break them again. I can't lose you, by now that's so fucking obvious it hurts... take it back, your hand looks too empty without it."

I kept my eyes on the ring and then did choose to move my attention to my husband "I love you more than anything, I wouldn't know what to do if we ever split up but Nikki, you fuck up again and lie to me I will divorce you because it isn't fair on me but more importantly it's not fair on the kids. They've been through hell because of what you did, Nico and Zeta thought you didn't love them or want them anymore... if you don't want to lose your family then don't have the rockstar attitude, you could get away with it more years ago because there wasn't so much at stake but you can't anymore Nikki. You really can't."