•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 223 🥀

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, August 9th 1995

I was visiting Skylar today, mainly because I hadn't seen her in a week and her condition is deteriorating pretty quickly. Vince was spending pretty much all day every day with her, as did Sharise it was hard to see both of them in this pain but I couldn't do anything, I could only sit and watch.

She was now staying in the hospital 24/7, she'd die there now, she was deteriorating too much and so the doctors thought it'd be best for her to remain in hospital until she died they can manage her pain better here which was a bonus of some kind. I wanted to see Skylar more but couldn't just leave Nikki alone with the kids that's unfair, I had to prioritise them rather than Skylar and Vince as much as I hate it.

I'd left for the hospital at eleven am and when I got there and went to the room that Skylar was in I found Vince sat outside waiting for me I presumed and Sharise was nowhere in sight "Vinnie." I called as I approached him.

The man looked at me and gave me a slight smile "Hey." He greets.

"Hi... where's Sharise?"

"She had to go to work... she said she'd call you later, why? You wanted to talk to her or somethin'?"

That made sense, I wasn't sure on her work schedule though so didn't know she was working today... now I do "Oh, no, it's okay... it's fine, I was just expecting her to be here... I don't like you being here on your own."

"I'm alright."

"You can be honest y'know? I worry about you... a lot."

"Don't." Vince insists "You've got more important things to worry about than me... I'm not that important."

"Yes, you are. You'll always be important to me... never think otherwise. You're not alright, Vin... and it's okay not to be because I'm not alright either, how can I be with everything that's going on?"

Vince searched my face for a moment then looked at the ground, he didn't say anything but he didn't have too, he wasn't okay and that's normal in a situation like this, he didn't want me to worry about him but that's all I can do.

The singer sighed softly, nodding towards the door beside us but keeping his eyes fixed on the floor "You can go in and see her... she's really excited to see you, you don't want to keep her waiting."

I looked at the door and placed my hand on the handle, but kissing Vince lightly on the cheek, dragging a hand through his hair before entering the room, the door closed behind me. The second the door opened, Skylar turned to look at me and I saw both Midnight, the cat toy Blaze had gifted to her and also Waltetta next to her like they had been every time I've walked into this room "Hey, Sky." I spoke, making my way to her bedside and sitting down beside her.

The girl smiled at me brightly and reached a hand out for me, I could see though it took her more effort than it should have done "Aunty Y/N."

I took the hand she was offering and held it tightly "Are you okay?"

"No. Everything hurts... I don't like it... I want to be able to play but I can't, I want to go to school but I can't... I miss my bedrooms, my toys... I miss Blaze."