•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 218 🥀

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, February 20th 1995

Since Skylar's cancer diagnosis, I'd been making sure to go visit both Skylar and Vince on regular occasions. Skylar for now was with Sharise at home but has to attend weekly hospital checkups and if anything changes Sharise has to take her back in without hesitation same for Vince if he has Sky for a weekend.

Skylar, had undergone the operation Vin had told me about, they'd managed to get some of the tumour out of her but some of it was still there, it was in too risky of a place to operate and chemotherapy was the only option to try and save her life. The doctors tried but the place the tumour was in there was a 90% chance that if Skylar underwent the procedure she wouldn't make it and neither Vince or Sharise wanted to put those odds to the test and denied the offer of a second operation.

Which I think Skylar appreciated... she hated being in the hospital, I'd been there a day after she underwent the surgery with Sharise and Vince and all Sky said was how much she didn't like it and how much she hurt and it broke my heart, for her sake, Vince's and Sharise.

Being at home for the time being would be good for Skylar but if the chemotherapy didn't work, took too much of a physical toll on her or wasn't being effective enough and Sky wasn't going to be able to make it, she'd be re-admitted to hospital to be kept under close observation.

For her sake I didn't want her to go back into the hospital unless totally necessary but I couldn't prevent it if she went in before that time, no-one could, her fate rested with a thing beyond anyones control.

Because I was trying to be around Vince as much as possible right now to stop him from becoming a problem for himself, I was over at his place with Blaze, we'd been sat talking about one of Vince's friends from school who he bumped into a few days ago while out shopping.

We'd gotten into talking about old friends and what we thought a lot of them were doing and that kinda thing, we had all day to talk anyways... well... not all day... I had to be back with Nikki by five because Nikki and I were attending a party later on tonight, a party being thrown by Tommy, which meant we got to see the other guys and a few other friends but we also had to tolerate Pamela and her clear dislike of myself, Nikki and Mick.

I hope she kept out of our way tonight but she seems like the type to talk to us even if she doesn't like us, she'd still talk to us just to stir shit. Believe it or not I want to get on with Pam but she just doesn't seem to want to be friends with us, any of us and if that's what she wants, how can we deny her that.

We'd deal with how that'll play out when we get to the party, I'm not at a party right now, I'm talking with Vince, in this moment it's the only important thing to me.

As we talked, Blaze who I believe had disappeared upstairs some time ago re-entered the living room where me and the singer were chatting saying as he walked in "Uncle Vince?"

At the sound of Blaze's voice, Vinnie looked to where my son was stood breaking our conversation "Yeah? What's up, bud?"

There was silence for a bit as Blaze thought about how to say what he wanted too "In your bedroom... upstairs, I saw a picture... and you and Mommy and you were kissing... why?"

Vince looked at me wide eyed and the second Blaze spoke... Blaze didn't know that Vince and I were romantically involved. He had to find out some time but we weren't expecting to explain that today. I wasn't surprised Vin had a picture of us in his bedroom, I knew he had pictures of us around but of us kissing? I hadn't noticed that one before... he must have swapped out another picture.