•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 208 🥀

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, April 8th 1994

It was interview day and I still had that uneasy feeling that Nikki and Tommy weren't going to kind to their old band mate... a man who used to be their brother. They're inevitably going to be asked about Vince today and that's when the floodgates will open and everything will come flooding out of their mouths, good or bad.

We were at the studio where the interview was taking place right now, I was sat behind the camera off the side of it, having all the guys in my view. I hated this interview and they hadn't been asked anything yet, I really didn't trust Nikki's mouth, I really really didn't trust it not when it was ruled by his ego as it had been the last couple of years.

Waiting for this interview to begin was almost physically painful, it just felt like the wait went on and on, I was bored half to death and by the time the woman who was interviewing them sat down I was nearly asleep... okay not quite but I did feel like drifting off.

Even when she sat down to start talking to the guys it took five more minutes for her to start asking questions and I was sat there, nervously waiting for her to bring up Vince, which didn't really take very long. First she introduced herself and the band then just said that they've recently released an album which was kinda stating the obvious but after these starting points got straight to the point.

The second she brought Vince up I was fully engaged in the interview, carefully observing Nikki watching his every move "Now, there are obviously people who still aren't on board with this new Mötley Crüe, thinking it's too different, that you shouldn't have got rid of Vince... what do you say to these people?"

Nikki spoke up before anyone else had a chance "I say that they've judged us before even giving us a chance. We took the weak forth out and put a stronger forth in. I hope people see that now when they hear the music. We're bigger and better now, and I know this will work out better than it ever did before. Buy the album and give us a chance."

"And what about those fans who have brought the album and said it's the worst album you've ever put out? This album had the worst debut sales of any you've released in the last decade, it sold over seventy five percent less in it's the first two weeks than your last album 'Dr Feelgood'... that doesn't shout 'better than ever', does it?"

"Like I said, people aren't giving us a chance." Nikki said in defence slightly on the sharp side not liking the statistics of his failure stated to him "I wouldn't have made changes to the band if I didn't think it was what was best and it sucks that people can't see this how I do... I just want people to give the album a fair chance."

The woman nodded saying "That's fair but don't you think you shifted music genres too quickly? Because the fans don't expect this kind of grungier music from you and I think it's put many fans off buying this album, as well as the grunge community being put off buying your album thinking your just jumping on a bandwagon."

"That's not at all what we've done. I've wanted to change musical directions for a few years and we couldn't do with the band line up we had. Vince wasn't capable of what I wanted for the band, what Vince couldn't do John can, I didn't see the band getting any better how it was."

"Your last album got to number one... this one has barely charted, fans feel cheated by what went down in the band... one minute everything seemed fine with you then the next, Vince was fired and you were replacing him. Can you see why fans maybe aren't on your side in this situation?"