•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 253 🥀

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, June 21st 2001

Tommy had been my priority, then Mick and I've kinda neglected Vince, I didn't mean to do it but between hanging with Tom and Mick, Nikki taking me on date nights and looking after the kids and myself Vin had been moved down my priority list.

I still rang him regularly but they were hour long calls at most and that wasn't a-lot of contact by our usual standards. I hated neglecting Vince, after everything it did feel wrong to focus on everyone but him though he seems to be in the best place right now out of him, Tommy and Mick.

I hadn't given Vince much TLC in recent months, I'd focussed on Tommy and Mick and myself but not Vinnie and I felt I needed to give Vin some attention as he was the nearest and dearest friend I had.

Because I'd been pushing the singer to the side for a while, today I was going over to help him clear out his closet, something he does every few years. He'd rang me yesterday and he mentioned his closet was a mess so I said I was free today and that I could come over and help him with it.

It wasn't a lie I was free, but Nikki had wanted to go see a movie with me at the movie theatre today so I had to tell him that was no longer happening and that we could reschedule for later on in the week. Nikki was disappointed but understood, and didn't make a big deal out of it.

Vince jumped at the chance of me spending the day with him and accepted my offer as quickly as the words left my lips. He even rang this morning to confirm whether or not I was still coming over and I was, I wouldn't get him excited then leave him hanging, that's mean and I couldn't do that.

I got to his place before midday and within a few knocks at the door, it was flung open and Vince was enthusiastically pulling me inside his house pushing the door closed and capturing me into a hug all before I could even utter 'hello'.

"Finally, I can hug you!"

"Happy about that, are you?" I giggle placing my arms back around the blonde.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me. I get my best friend back after having to share you with everyone else."

"It may surprise you but you're not my only friend."

"I know that." He grumbles into my ear, then pulled back from me a little "Still... you've been neglecting me recently." Vince pouted "I know why but still... still sucks."

"You're an attention whore, Neil. I've called you every other day."

"Calling isn't seeing though. I've spent more time with Nikki than you the last few months and that's when you know I don't see enough of you."

"You like hanging out with Nikki."

"But he's not as nice to look at as you."

"I'd hope not." I commented with a playful note in my voice "I know you're used to stealing girlfriends but please don't steal my husband."

The man snorts a laugh then went somewhat serious to say "But he's so pretty though."

"He is, but unfortunately you're out of luck."