•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 228 🥀

•🌹•   

Y/N's POV, February 8th 1996

It was a new year and it was also Vince's birthday today which meant we were of course celebrating it. We'd booked into a restaurant later on today for dinner, Vince deserved a nice birthday after the shit show the last few months have been for him.

In the end, Vince ended out living with Nikki and myself for three months, it was more than we'd planned for but what he'd needed. It wasn't his idea, it was mine and Nikki's, until I felt entirely happy he was in a decent enough metal place I wasn't going to let him live on his own.

Since he went back to his own place, he'd been okay, I called every other day and Nikki and I saw him once a week either we go to him or he came to us, he spent Christmas with us too which was nice for him as he got to catch up with my parents.

We'd also paid a visit the week before Christmas to Nikki's grandfather in Idaho who wasn't doing too great. He was sick and we'd managed to get a carer to check in on him daily, we paid the girl who was checking in, she was a nurse who looked after the elderly in their homes and we'd reached out to her.

Tom didn't have long left and we knew that, Nikki was obviously upset about it but had the right mindset now to deal with this loss better than he dealt with his Nona's death. At least Tom had met all of our children and could die knowing that and that gave Nikki some peace of mind too.

In other news aside from the declining health of Nik's grandfather, there was a few other things going on, like the fact in September, Tommy and Pamela had announced to us that she was pregnant. Nikki and I wanted to be happy for Tommy, he'd wanted kids but I wasn't convinced Pamela was the right person for that.

There was nothing we could say though, he had to fuck this up and we just had to wait until that happened.

We obviously congratulated them and what not, we got called over to a party that Tommy was throwing to announce it to all his family and friends, Vince stayed at our place as he was there at that point so he looked after the kids for Nik and I.

Mick came over to us at the party and said that something was eventually going to give between Pamela and Tom and as much as we hated to admit it, we agreed.

Today, because Vince was coming over I'd gotten up twenty minutes ago and jumped in the shower while Nikki was asleep so he couldn't try and have sex with me and distract me from actually showering.

I quickly washed my hair and the rest of my body then got out and dried myself, and drying my hair too, when my hair was dry I put down the hairdryer and ran a comb through my hair suddenly taking note in my peripheral vision of the fact Nikki was now stood in the doorway of the bathroom.

I moved my eyes into the direction, giving him a quizzical look "How long have you been there?"

"A while."

"Why?"

"You were gone, heard that someone was in here, put two and two together. That or we'd been burgled and you'd been kidnapped and the intruder just so happened to want to take a sneaky shower." 

I rolled my eyes at the sarcastic remark and went back to brushing my hair Nikki chuckles a little and then walked to me "Anyways, good morning." Nikki murmurs sliding his arms around me.