•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 280 🥀

•🌹•   

Y/N's POV, January 15th 2006

This morning after the events of last night was incredibly fragile, Nikki wasn't okay and I saw it written all over him from the moment he woke up.

He was quiet, hardly talking to me and I didn't like that.

We'd gotten up quite late today given the late night we'd had last night, we'd woke up at twenty past ten and the few words Nikki did say to me this morning were about how he didn't want to face Blaze right now, after what he said to Nik last night and I understood that.

Nikki wasn't angry at Blaze, he was angry at himself, and looking at Blaze right now probably just made him feel like a failure of a father and he wasn't, not by a lot.

I accepted that and dealt with the kids alone, letting Nikki stay in the bedroom while I prepared breakfast, leaving the children downstairs while I gave Nikki some food too and ate it with him.

When we'd finished Nikki said nothing and got up from the bed to go into the bathroom I guess to shower seems as Vince was going to be here in an hour or so from now.

As he walked away, I got up too and went over go him "Nikki." I said, grabbing one of his hands and stopping him from leaving the room "Are you okay?"

"... you know the answer to that... can we not talk about it right now? Vince might distract me from what happened... and don't tell him what happened last night, not yet... okay?"

"Okay." I agreed, but Vince would have to know so I could get him to help. I'll bring it up again later on though "Love you."

"Love you too." He replied stealing a quick kiss from me, flashing me a small smile before going into the bathroom and closing the door behind him.

I ran a hand through my hair knowing that it had cut Nikki deep, last night and Blaze had to fix that because Nikki genuinely thinking what Blaze said is true for too long could have worrying consequences.

With Nik in the shower, I went back downstairs and told the kids to go up and get changed, they can all have a shower or bath later, they can't now it'd be too much of a rush for them.

While they all got changed I remained in front of the TV, but ten minutes later, Nico and Zeta returned from upstairs but Blaze didn't "Blaze isn't with you?" I asked the younger two children.

"No, he said he'll be down in a minute." Zeta informed as she sat next to me, with Nico sitting next to her.

In a minute will no doubt turn into a little longer than that.

Another fifteen minutes later was when Nikki re-emerged from upstairs, dressed in jeans and black shirt and joined me, Nico and Zeta on the couch and he saw Blaze wasn't with them and didn't take much of a genius to figure out why he wasn't there. I placed a hand on Nikki's thigh and just traced patterns, just to give him a little bit of non verbal comfort, cause he really did need it.

The rest of the time between now and Vince's arrival was just filled with chatter from Zarina and Nico, and watching the TV. And when Vin did get here, I got up and greeted him, then the two kids greeted him and Nikki remained on the couch and we did soon join him over there.