Supergirl ~ Triggers ~ Part Three

Cute little family moment with Kara and the Earth-1ers, and she takes on Psi again . . . except what Psi makes her see is not what Kara saw in the original episode. Oh, and Slade and Malcolm are definitely still Kara's brothers.

Enjoy!

***

Kara was whispering in Kryptonian, her arms crossed over her chest, when she heard the door to her apartment open. "What are you doing?" Oliver asked.

"It's a Kryptonian meditation," she answered, scratching the back of her head as Oliver walked up. He wasn't alone, she noticed – Slade, Malcolm, and Laurel were with him, too. "We say an ancient mantra to strengthen the mind."

"Do you do it often?" Laurel asked curiously.

"No," Kara admitted. "I've never felt like I needed it."

Oliver nodded thoughtfully. "Winn's still working on the psychic dampening technology," he told her.

"Mmm," she nodded absently.

"And Lena mentioned there's something we need to talk about?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Did she?" Kara asked. When Oliver remained silent, she groaned. "She told you, didn't she?"

"In case you were wondering, we didn't need to ask," Malcolm held up his hands. "She only said we'd need to talk."

"Look, I didn't want you to worry," Kara sighed, standing up and walking to get a drink of water.

"I'm pretty certain 'worry about your girlfriend' is one of the very first bullet points under the job description of 'boyfriend,'" Oliver countered.

"Funny, that sounds about right for us, too," Slade nodded.

"And do remember that you fight the most dangerous and evil people on the planet," Laurel tossed over her shoulder.

Kara closed her eyes, then turned back around. "I don't know how to fight this one," she admitted, walking back over. "And I should be able to stop her, but . . . but then she makes her way into my mind and . . . " She took a deep breath, sitting back down on the floor. "And forces me to relive the scariest moment of my life."

"Come here," Oliver sat down next to her, holding out his arm. She curled into him, and Oliver put his arm around her shoulders, watching as Malcolm, Slade, and Laurel sat on the furniture around them. "What did you see?" he asked gently.

Kara closed her eyes. "I saw . . . nothing, the first time," she answered slowly. "In the vault, I just felt claustrophobic. But when I went out with Malcolm and Laurel . . . she turned into my mother. And then I was in my pod, shooting into the sky . . . and Krypton was exploding around me."

"Oh, God," Laurel closed her eyes, Malcolm pinching the bridge of his nose. Yeah, that would be torture to relive.

"But it wasn't just that," Kara continued. "What was next . . . I don't understand it."

"What do you mean?" Slade frowned.

"I could feel the heat," Kara answered, her voice laced with confusion. "I could feel the fires, I felt like I couldn't breathe, not because of the confined spaces . . . but because it felt like I was in the fire."

"You're sure?" Oliver frowned.

"Yeah," Kara nodded, biting her lip. "It's torture." She looked up. "How am I supposed to deal with that?"

"Well," Laurel considered. "Remember your fears don't define you. You know, who you are is Supergirl. Who you are is Kara. That's what defines you, and she's got nothing on that."