Arrow ~ Next of Kin ~ Part Two

I think I went overboard this week with writing these episodes, because I literally could not keep my eyes focused on the transcript last night when I tried to write out more of the episode. Luckily, a cure called Christmas is coming up, so after a break, I should be able to keep writing. So, please don't expect me to pump out updates while I'm celebrating with family. That would not be a fun excuse to give them.

Anyway, Team Arrow has some concerns, and William's savior comes in the form of a bubbly blonde with glasses. Hint: it's not the same one from the episode.

Enjoy part two!

***

"Fortunately, the two victims in critical condition are expected to recover. Multiple witnesses spotted Green Arrow and his team of vigilantes at the scene."

Oliver switched the news off and turned to the group sitting with him at the table. "Becky, can you get the fire chief's latest report, please, and could . . . would you mind putting in an order for some coffee? One of the big boxes of coffee, please. Thank you."

Oliver, Thea, and Quentin watched the council members leave, then Quentin cleared his throat. "So, I guess being the Green Arrow involves something of a learning curve."

"We don't know the circumstances surrounding last night," Oliver told him.

"Yeah, but we know how it's gonna play out," Thea pointed out.

"What do you mean?" Oliver frowned.

Quentin pulled out his phone when it buzzed, and he barked in laughter. "Wow. Speak of the devil. Got to admire her sense of timing."

"Who?" Oliver asked.

"Pollard," Quentin answered. "She's seizing the moment. She's using last night's disaster as a pretext to introduce her anti-vigilante legislation to the council."

"Does she have the votes?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know."

"Can you make sure she doesn't?"

Quentin and Thea exchanged glances before nodding, standing up to go do just that.

***

Dig waited for Dinah finished twirling her bo staff before he cleared his throat. "Hey. Can we talk for a second?" Dinah didn't say anything, but he took that as his cue to keep speaking. "I just wanted to say thank you for having my back with the team." She nodded in response, and Dig kept going. "Now, truth be told, I was a bit surprised, considering you – "

"Well, don't be surprised," she told him. "And don't think I said what I said for you. I said it because this team needs a leader. Without a chain of command, we're easy pickings out there."

"OK," Dig nodded, following her back through the lair. "I guess that's why you decided not to tell anyone about my injury, right?"

"It is," Dinah confirmed. "But honestly, as worried as I am about your hand, after last night, I'm a little more worried about your head."

"I know," Dig sighed. "Hey, Dinah, I know. Look, every time I've had to give orders in the army, on this team, there was always someone there backing my plays. I'm not used to making the hard calls alone. No one is more disappointed in me than me."

"Well, next time, get it right," Dinah told him. "Our lives depend on it."

There was a beeping from the computers, then Felicity whooped. "She shoots, she scores!"

"What do we have?" Dig asked, he and Dinah running up to join her, Curtis and Rene coming from the other direction.

"OK, these are our new friends back in 2015," Felicity gestured to her screen. "But last night, you said there were only five."