Arrow ~ Tribute ~ Part Three

Final part, guys. :) Team Arrow vs the Bratva, and Oliver makes a big decision.

Enjoy!

***

Oliver stepped out of the elevator and frowned when he saw Rene in the hall. "What are you doing here?"

"Working, obviously," Rene answered. "What are you doing here?"

"Felicity and Curtis are working on locating Tarkov," Oliver answered. "He has maybe an hour left."

"So why aren't you home with William?" Rene asked, stopping when Oliver gave him a look of disbelief. "Sorry if I hit a nerve."

"When have you ever been sorry about hitting a nerve?" Oliver asked as he walked into his office.

"That's a fair point," Rene conceded, biting his lip. "Speaking of William . . . "

"Yeah?" Oliver looked up.

"We received a person of interest list from Agent Watson."

Oliver looked at Rene blankly. "She wants to interrogate my son?"

"He's an alibi, and probably not a very good liar," Rene confirmed.

"Absolutely not!" Oliver denied, shaking his head. "She's not going anywhere near him!"

"I don't think that's up to you," Rene shook his head back.

"I'm gonna use every single thing in my power to keep him as far away from this as possible!" Oliver took a few deep breaths to calm himself, then said, "this kid has been through enough."

"All right," Rene nodded. "Lance told me about what happened at school. Kids are mean."

"He's not worried about bullies," Oliver sighed. "He's worried about me. He thinks I'm gonna make him an orphan."

"Damn," Rene whistled lowly.

"I told him, I said, that will not happen," Oliver continued. "I will always come back." He shook his head. "I have never lied to my kid before."

"You know, I'm not exactly father of the year," Rene told him. "But white lies are kind of like an important parental tool. I remember telling Zoe that she came from a cloud. I really hope her mom set her straight on that one."

"So help me with this," Oliver looked at him. "How do I reconcile that he's right? Because every time that I'm in the field, there's a chance I don't come back and that he's alone, and now you're telling me that he's gonna have to lie to an FBI agent so that he doesn't lose his father to prison?"

Rene didn't have anything to say to that. Oliver sighed in annoyance, then took his phone out when it buzzed. The moment he saw the text on screen, he straightened. "We have Anatoli's location."

"All right, you go out the back entrance, I'll lose them," Rene stood up.

"Rene, are you good to get back in the field?" Oliver asked.

"Hells, yeah," he grinned.

"All right," Oliver nodded, and the two of them left.

***

"Team's in position," Dig announced as Oliver walked up.

"You sure this is the place?" Oliver asked.

"Whoa, I am so insulted right now!" Felicity exclaimed.

"Easy," Oliver warned. "It's just that an abandoned shipyard doesn't feel like Anatoli's speed."