Supergirl ~ Shelter From The Storm ~ Part Two

Most ridiculous, stressful week so far over, and the heating is finally fixed in the house. I celebrate by trying to finish this episode, and maybe I'll even try writing part three tomorrow. Who knows? All I know is after this, I'll only have four Supergirl episodes to write before the finales book and . . . oh, my God, only two Arrow ones before that book since "The Ties That Bind" will be in that book as well. O.O I'll only have six Supergirl and Arrow episodes left?! Guys, where did this time go?

Mon-El is concerned, Kara is worried, Oliver is a good fiancé, Malcolm is a good brother, Imra is a good wife, and have some ship teases to go with. It's a typical chapter from me with some good original content.

Enjoy part two!

***

Mon-El had a feeling that if he had started a timer some time ago, he would have found he'd been staring at Earth for at least two hours or so.

He'd looked at the planet so many times while on the Legion cruise, while on missions with his team in the future. Still, there was something about realizing he was leaving Earth, the Earth from his former present, again that made him fidget and wish he had something to do. I don't have anything from there anymore, he thought, a small frown on his face. He'd left Earth back then and left a girlfriend and friends behind. Now he was leaving behind the girl who'd grown to be his sister in arms, and Oliver was like another brother, one he never thought he would have. It's even harder to leave this time than last time, he realized.

"Ah, yes," a voice behind him startled him out of his stupor, and he quickly placed his hands in his pockets as Querl joined him in looking out at Earth. "This view is beautiful."

"How long till we reach the disruption?" Mon-El asked, ready for a distraction.

"Five hours, twenty-two minutes, sixteen seconds," Querl answered promptly. Mon-El sighed, then nodded, resolving himself for having to stare at the planet for even longer, then Querl stiffened next to him. "Oh," he said blankly. "That's a shame."

To someone who didn't know Coluans, Querl wasn't sincere. Mon-El knew otherwise. "What's a shame?" he asked, looking at his friend.

"I was calculating the odds of Supergirl, the Green Arrow, his team, and the D.E.O. defeating Reign now that her power has tripled," Querl answered.

"Tripled?" Mon-El repeated.

"It appears she absorbed the powers of Pestilence and Purity," Querl nodded.

Mon-El's head was reeling, and he shook his head, trying to come to terms with what he just heard. "Wait, how do you know this?"

"I bugged the D.E.O.," Querl admitted. "In the dirt I gave Winn." He snorted. "And he thinks he's a 1.42-level intellect."

"Why would you bug them?" Mon-El asked.

"I grew quite fond of Supergirl and her compatriots," Querl shrugged. "I wanted to keep tabs."

Mon-El steeled himself. "Tell me the odds."

"On their own, they have a 51% chance of success," Querl recited. "If they gain the aid of the Flash, Captain Lance, and their compatriots, that jumps to 62%. Ironically, if only one Legionnaire had stayed behind, their success rate jumps to 88.8%." Mon-El looked back out at Earth, processing his friend's words. "Technically, the odds are in their favor."

"Wait," Mon-El thought of something else. "But if Reign absorbed Pestilence's powers, then she could still become the Blight."

"Negative," Querl shook his head immediately. "I checked the vitals of our sleeping Legionnaires. No Blight, that's a certainty. The only certainty."